posted to rec.boats.paddle

Default Anyone still here?

RBP lives.
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Hello riverman, you wrote:

RBP lives.

Nice to see your moniker again!

--
Melissa
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On Mon, 14 Dec 2020 19:18:14 -0900, Melissa wrote:
Hello riverman, you wrote:
RBP lives.

Nice to see your moniker again!

I'm here..... being very still.
So that makes at least 3 of us.
Still paddling when I get the chance. Solo these days more often than
not. Been a long time since I've peeked in here though. Thought I'd do
my part in trying to keep this thread alive.
Phantman (aka Rick)
posted to rec.boats.paddle

I am still here. The charter people tell me the sea kayakers are getting
older and less young people are taking it up. Maybe what is happening is we
are all dying. I will be 75 this summer and still kayaking and pack rafting
but for how much longer. Maybe there will be kayaking in Heaven or Hell
whereever I end up.
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

riverman wrote:
RBP lives.

posted to rec.boats.paddle

You're not very much older than me. When I was young, I figured I
would know when I was old when I had more dead friends than live ones.
But I was still middle age when I past that milestone. So I bumped it
up to 2X as many dead friends as live ones. But it didn't take long to
blow right on past that. So I bumped it to 10X. and I don't think I'm
there yet. Don't know for sure though cuz I've lost count.
Maybe I should come up with a different system.
Paddle on people!
Phantman
Shoutin' distance from the Gulf of Mexico

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 09:12:19 -0900, "Bill Bradshaw"
wrote:

I am still here. The charter people tell me the sea kayakers are getting
older and less young people are taking it up. Maybe what is happening is we
are all dying. I will be 75 this summer and still kayaking and pack rafting
but for how much longer. Maybe there will be kayaking in Heaven or Hell
whereever I end up.

posted to rec.boats.paddle

Hi Bill, you wrote:

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

I'm in Seward!

Glad to know you're still paddling. As am I. I moved here four years ago
with the intention of paddling these lovely Alaskan waters. I'm now 62, but
I insist on maintaining my immaturity, so I just carry on.

--
Melissa
posted to rec.boats.paddle

Melissa wrote:
Hi Bill, you wrote:

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

I'm in Seward!

Glad to know you're still paddling. As am I. I moved here four
years ago with the intention of paddling these lovely Alaskan waters.
I'm now 62, but I insist on maintaining my immaturity, so I just
carry on.

I love Bear Glacier. Got there 2 times last year. Usually 3 nights
camping. Big collapse of the Glacier last year. It lost 2,500 feet. I am
getting worried because it appears it is starting to get commercialized.
Saw a pretty Brown bear last year during the early August trip.

Bill

posted to rec.boats.paddle

riverman wrote:
RBP lives.

When one can wade thru all the solution manuals to find real content yes...

How are you?

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
posted to rec.boats.paddle

On 13 Jan 2021, Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
When one can wade thru all the solution manuals to find real content

Actually, there's a solution for that. But one needs to read their
manual under the "Solutions for filtering out usenet spam" Section.
Problem is, there's not much left to read when there's no spam to see.
Not sure what the solution to that might be.