Default Back for the holiday season

What sort of holiday season would it be without the opportunity to crap
on Donald Trump for Halloween, Election Day, Thanksgiving, and Kwanza?

If you invited him, would Donald show up at your kids' Halloween parties
and infect them all with a deadly disease?

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 09:43:57 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

What sort of holiday season would it be without the opportunity to crap
on Donald Trump for Halloween, Election Day, Thanksgiving, and Kwanza?

If you invited him, would Donald show up at your kids' Halloween parties
and infect them all with a deadly disease?

Harry is back!. I knew you couldn't stay away ;-)

Welcome Home. The boys missed you.

Eternal September now? Just like Tom.

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 13:28:51 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Statehood for the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico!

DC should just be absorbed back into Maryland like the missing part of
the diamond went to Virginia.
Just carve out the federal triangle to fulfill the constitutional
requirement for a federal district. (Art 1 Sec 8 (17))
It used to be that Maryland didn't want them but now the slums are
creeping over the DC line into PG and near in Montgomery anyway. A lot
of money has moved back into DC. Montgomery would certainly like to
take everything West of the park. PG would be the tossup. North East
seems to be Gentrifying and it was always fairly nice, but "Souf ese",
not so much. (When my Ex had to decide which house to sell, the one in
Clinton or the one she grew up in on So Dakota ave, the S.D. ave house
was worth more)
Puerto Rico is a whole different thing. I am not sure enough Senators
would ratify that to make it happen. That is just a black hole for
federal dollars and making it a state will not change that.
The population there seems to vacillate back and forth every decade or
two about whether they want to be a state, stay a territory or they
want out completely.
In 67 it was an overwhelming No vote for statehood. In 1998 it was
only 46% who wanted statehood, the rest wanted something else. In
2012 61% wanted it and in 2017 77% of the people did not care enough
to even vote on it.

To be pragmatic, I am not sure what is in it for the US. We don't need
that as a refueling spot or forward base into the South Atlantic
anymore and they really hate us using the area around there for
military exercises.

wrote:

[...]

It's a matter of what is in it for the U.S. citizens who live in D.C.
and Puerto Rico. D.C. has more citizens than what, four U.S. states, and
PR would rank about 30th in population. All basically disenfranchised.

wrote:

[...]

Maryland would gain a swamp and DC would aquire the Negro Highway. Maryland
loses!

wrote:

[...]

I already said, DC could fairly easily absorbed into Maryland. Then
they would raise the power of Maryland and be "franchised".

I also do not feel the people of PR are necessarily entitled to be a
state. How about Guam and Samoa? We actually have more national
(military) interest there.

wrote:

[...]

The reality is DC is getting richer and near in Maryland is becoming
the slum because of gentrification programs almost everywhere west of
the Anacostia river

Happy holiday season riverman General 5 January 3rd 10 12:15 AM
Have a great holiday season. Seahag ASA 1 December 19th 05 03:40 PM
Have a great holiday season. NotPony ASA 1 December 17th 05 06:53 PM
Have a great holiday season. Joe ASA 4 December 17th 05 05:43 AM
Have a great holiday season. Maxprop ASA 0 December 17th 05 04:46 AM