Default Yo Wayne

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 01:17:03 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 21:52:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:27:48 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:13:44 -0400,

wrote:

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:26:58 -0400,
wrote:

I spent the time cleaning up the mess in the garage when the drywall
fell down.
===

That happened to us a few years ago - big mess. Any idea why? My
theory is that heat and humidity caused it to weaken over time. Our
garage has plenty of both in the summer. Is there any downside to
leaving it unfinished?
Aesthetics mostly and the worry the rest will come down. I am
wondering if the wood dried out and the nails pulled out. There was no
sign of water or any other "usual suspect". (like raccoon turds). I do
think, when we find a drywall guy I will have him shoot screws in the
stuff that didn't fall since he will be taping and mudding anyway.

Drywall is cheap.Â* Don't keep the damage_d stuff._

I would cut back to the last good sheet but the insulation is really a
bitch and I don't want to screw with any more than we have to. We are
going to sub this out anyway. Ceiling drywall is not something I am
going to do. I did it once in 1976 and never again. It was "one
manning" fire-x using home made "T" stands.

===

Do you think it would make sense to put up greenboard?

I didn't see any indication that this was moisture related.

Yo Wayne [email protected] General 0 September 6th 16 10:15 PM
Just think Wayne... Tim General 17 August 30th 16 12:23 AM
Yo Wayne! Poquito Loco General 4 June 2nd 16 05:05 PM
Hey, Wayne iBoaterer[_2_] General 5 February 3rd 13 03:28 PM