Default top mount starter question

Mostly to Tim, I guess. I have a Kodiak 5.7l MPI engine in my boat.
Bottom mount, gear drive, starter, 11 tooth pinion gear. The bell housing
is also set up to have a 2 bolt top mount starter. I know he top mount has
to counter rotate, but is there a measurement from the mounting face plate
to the ring gear to get the correct starter? Should it also be an 11
tooth? I see lots of 9 tooth advertised.
Tim Tim is offline

Bill, the drive gear matters not what tooth as long as the bolt pattern is the same. The difference between starters is the geometry of the housing. I don’t know why that stuff isn’t standardized like it used to be

Trolling motor mount question SteveB[_5_] General 1 June 14th 10 11:07 AM
Bow mount troll motor question Steve B[_4_] General 16 May 2nd 10 05:03 PM
question on maercruiser engine mount John Chaplain General 4 March 14th 06 03:59 PM
Marine Starter Question Tim General 0 January 8th 05 07:25 PM
Kayak End Pour- rudder mount question BernieSwanson Boat Building 3 November 28th 04 06:31 PM