Default Turning the economic corner?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:35:09 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 07:09:02 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 6:29 PM, John wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 17:26:51 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 12:30:06 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 22:37:33 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 19:49:03 -0400, John wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jun 2020 17:55:38 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 16:58:08 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/7/2020 4:44 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 01:59:57 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/6/2020 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 14:18:59 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/6/2020 1:32 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:44:23 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

John Wrote in message:
On Fri, 05 Jun 2020 20:59:51 -0400,
wrote:On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:02:15 -0400, "Mr. wrote:On 6/5/2020 3:14 PM, wrote: On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 09:00:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote: Labor Department released numbers for May that surprised all economists and their dour predictions. Non-farm job increase of 2.5 million. Unemployment drops to 13.3 percentfrom 14.7 percent in April. (Predictions were for unemployment to rise to 19 to 20 percent.) Data is through the middle (12th) of May that included only the early stages of "opening" the country. Next month's data could be much better if this trend continues. How much of that is just people who gave up trying to get unemployment from a system that failed from the overload? I do hope it is real but until we are really reopened I am skeptical.

do
understand a lot of businesses have found a way around these shutdowns tho. Construction and the service trades are going full tilt around here. I know my trade neighbors say they are staying busy. We are also starting to see restaurants open. I was in Rusty's the other day (sports bar, restaurant) and there were 20 customers inside at tables. They removed about half the tables and all the bar stools so people could spread out but other than that it was business as normal. Not a mask in sight. It is pretty hard to eat or drink with a mask on. LOL. This mask stuff really has your underwear in a bunch.Just the useless gesture aspect of itThis picture is the perfect examplehttps://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2020/05/21/USAT/305ca4fb-1b49-4b42-90fa-6b15e0b2db54-virus_1.JPG?width=1320&height=880&fit=crop&format= pjpg&auto=webpThe guy on the left is going to extremes but you also have the normalmixed bag of surgical masks,

bandannas
and
neck
gaiters. Then there isthe guy who just holds his hand over his mouth.If I were you, I just wouldn't go to any stores that requirethem.It is only Costco right now. I may start using curbside there but Ihave about 5-6 weeks worth of dog food so they may change their policyby them.The maskless folks are social distancing. The guy with the hand over his mouthhas a mask under the hand. --Freedom Isn't Free!

Wearing a mask and social distancing should help the economy in
the long run. If humanitarian reasons wont encourage folks to do
it then monitary reasons just might.

How is that? If you are just saying the irrational demand that people
wear a mask will make reopening more politically viable, I might agree
but there are a whole lot of people who don't like meaningless
gestures.

This is about as effective as those people wearing yellow ribbons to
get the hostages back.

Good grief. Yellow ribbons don't get hostages back. Yellow ribbons
only represent solidarity and serve as reminders among those who *care*.

Hence my reference to this fad.

Therefore, logic would follow that you don't care. Sad.

Perhaps simply "not believing in the myth" would be more accurate and
until you find me a study that actually has conclusions that are not
buffered by "might", "maybe" and "could be" I am not falling for it.

To start with, handling a mask all day long is spreading the virus,
that is according to every article you have posted.

If this thing is really doing anything it is potentially contaminated
and if it isn't potentially contaminated, it ain't doing ****.

I don't "handle" a mask all day long. Do you?

It is what they just told me to do. Put it on, go in a store come out,
take it off and repeat for every store I go into.

Evidently you folks don't do as much as I do in a day.

Even wearing it for three hours protects others, if you are a carrier. And, if
you are, the fact that it gets dirty on the inside shouldn't bother you. You're
already sick.

If the mask is not a barrier of any significance, it gets dirty on the
outside too. In fact if you sneezed, it is a claymore mine at that
point.

Ah, very bad premise. The mask *is* a barrier of significance. Look at Luddite's
post from way back.

You simply have a hard time accepting facts.

I have a hard time with the logic you use. This is a piece of cloth.
Moisture and the virus will soak right through. Hence it isn't much of
a barrier for anything.
An N-95 mask has a very specific standard, a bandanna or 3 layers of T
shirt, not so much.

Thank you, sir. You've finally grasped the fact. Although moisture may
eventually soak through, the mask will prevent the spraying of the **** from
your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

You've got it!

Yup. All that "moisture" caught in the mask would have otherwise been
dispersed over a large area around the person if a mask had not been
worn.

So you want to save it up and send it out in one blast.

Another stupid comment. No, he wants to wash the mask.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 16:58:08 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/7/2020 4:44 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 01:59:57 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/6/2020 9:10 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 14:18:59 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

John Wrote in message:
[...]

Here we go again, round and round.

The question is ... how much and how *far* will it be "sent out in one
blast".

https://www.avg.com

On 6/9/2020 3:33 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 07:04:44 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 8:02 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 17:37:46 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 5:30 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 11:40:06 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:27:57 PM UTC-4, B wrote:
In article ,
says...
It is what they just told me to do. Put it on, go in a store come out,
take it off and repeat for every store I go into.

Evidently you folks don't do as much as I do in a day.

Even wearing it for three hours protects others, if you are a carrier. And, if
you are, the fact that it gets dirty on the inside shouldn't bother you. You're
already sick.

If the mask is not a barrier of any significance, it gets dirty on the
outside too. In fact if you sneezed, it is a claymore mine at that
point.

Ah, very bad premise. The mask *is* a barrier of significance. Look at Luddite's
post from way back.

You simply have a hard time accepting facts.

The mask is like wearing a corona virus ribbon, it signifies that you
"care". Other than that it is useless.

Ah, we have another highly regarded epidemiologist in the group. We should be in awe.

Masks *do* help, in some degree, limit the transmittal of the virus from the wearer to others around them. It's a fact you can't fight, nor should you.

Sneezing into your elbow helps to some degree too. If you have a long
sleeve shirt on, probably exactly the same level. It is the same
filter material and with a minimal amount of care with how you hold it
to your face, the same filtering capacity.

Greg, you were provided with links demonstrating an open sneeze, a
sneeze into your elbow and a sneeze wearing a mask.

If you don't remember the results, take a guess. Which one
contained the sneeze droplets the most?

What kind of mask?
An N-95 medical mask (no valve)
An N-95 industrial mask (with a valve)
A surgical mask
A home made cloth mask
A bandanna
A neck Gaiter
A Lexan face shield
Yet all of them satisfy those laws.

BTW we still haven't talked about the aerosols that were on the
outside of the mask having soaked through and are propelled by your
sneeze. Those are the ones that hang in the air the longest and
present the best chance of you walking through unnoticed.

BTW this was on the front page of the opinion section of the Snooze
Press. (Sorry about the quality, it was scanned from the paper)

What's wrong with this picture (far more common among mask wearers
than common sense).

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Mask%20follies.jpg

Good freakin' grief. I don't care what kind of mask Greg.
The point is not what "filters" a virus molecule. The point
is how does a sneeze (or cough) distribute a mist of
droplets. Nothing covering mouth and nose? Sneezing
or coughing into your elbow? Sneezing or coughing wearing
a mask ... any kind of mask ... I don't care.

What if you are not sneezing and coughing?
Why is that so hard to grasp?

At least one study I read modeled "mist" from just talking.

But anyway, wearing a mask
during a world-wide pandemic that is still increasing in
some places isn't going to hurt anyone and demonstrates
a level of consideration for others.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 15:33:58 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 07:04:44 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2020 8:02 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 17:37:46 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

===

Setting a good example for others seems like a good idea.

The life they save could be your own,

https://www.avg.com

Economic Populism F.O.A.D. General 34 November 23rd 13 03:23 AM
New economic model Frogwatch General 29 April 9th 10 12:02 AM
Economic stimulus jim General 2 October 25th 08 03:16 AM
Economic collapse Charles Momsen ASA 0 October 20th 08 07:36 PM
Think this has anything to do with the economic problems? [email protected] General 67 March 22nd 08 02:51 PM