Default make up your mind, will ya?

On 5/27/2020 10:15 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2020 20:56:28 -0400 (EDT), Justan Ohlphart
wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
First the experts said the covid-19 virus could be spreadsimply by being on surfaces that are touched or handled.Last week, they said, "no, they changed their mind andit really can't be spread by being on surfaces.Today, they changed their minds again and decided it*can* be spread from surfaces.Meanwhile, Doc Fauci had warned that a second wave in thefall was almost certain, until he decided it won't.No wonder people are getting fed up.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

One of the the theorys I just heard about is the virus cant live
without a host.

I tend to trust the boys out at Ft Detrick (who say sun kills this
stuff). They have been studying pathogens longer than NIH and with a
bigger budget, when that was the DoD Biowarfare Lab, before it got
politically corrected into a FEMA Biodefense lab.
They have some real studies in how long this pathogen will last under
different circumstances.

Maybe it comes down to choices. The virus or skin cancer.

--
Pity Fat Harry. His ability to produce rational thought on his own, no
longer exists, if it ever did at all.

On Sat, 30 May 2020 11:49:19 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 30 May 2020 02:22:16 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 2020 16:34:57 -0400, John wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 2020 14:30:04 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 29 May 2020 07:22:14 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2020 21:59:28 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2020 15:23:39 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2020 11:38:11 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2020 07:26:00 -0400, John wrote:

On Wed, 27 May 2020 22:10:04 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 27 May 2020 18:08:15 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/27/20 5:30 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

First the experts said the covid-19 virus could be spread
simply by being on surfaces that are touched or handled.

Last week, they said, "no, they changed their mind and
it really can't be spread by being on surfaces.

Today, they changed their minds again and decided it
*can* be spread from surfaces.

Meanwhile, Doc Fauci had warned that a second wave in the
fall was almost certain,* until he decided it won't.

No wonder people are getting fed up.

If people are getting fed up, it is because they don't understand that
knowledge of the virus is growing and changing. Or perhaps Trump is
leaning hard on him. Or...

Maybe they should all shut the **** up until they get their ****
together and I include the president in that.
We have tests that don't work, theories that don't work and the latest
study from the Koreans say, masks that don't work.

Then we would still be doing absolutely nothing to mitigate the spread.

Not a good idea.

Your 'latest study from the Koreans' has already been shot to ****.

With no standard of what constitutes a "mask", how can any broad
statement be made?
This reminds me of all of those gadgets they used to sell that
improved your gas mileage. If you thought they worked, they worked.

Here, a standard:

https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-m...oth-face-mask/

I wonder what OSHA would say if you tried it, even dealing with
particulates 10 times the size of a corona virus.

I know "better than nothing". Isn't that what the army said about the
ear plugs they are getting their ass sued off over?

I'm a result of 'the nothing' and can barely hear. Your argument fails again.

My point exactly and if you think that do rag on your face is as
effective as the 3M ear plugs you will be tricked again.

No comparison was made. Your 'totally ineffective' arguments have been shot to
****. Give it up.

It is interesting that you scoff at a real study but you can't point
to a real study that tells us how effectively a neck gaiter or a
bandanna works. There is only the "Better than Nothing" opinions and
that all assumes the user actually uses some decent protocols in
putting the mask on, taking it off and disposing of it. (not touching
it while in use etc)
You notice in the WHO video, the lady says dispose of it as soon as
you notice it getting damp, which points out what I have been saying
all along. Once the contamination gets through the mask, it becomes a
Claymore if you sneeze.
Maybe they should print "This side toward Enemy" on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ol...ature=emb_logo

Luddite posted a study which easily makes the point. Your study was bull****, as
demonstrated by the comment I posted. You are the only one I've seen mention
bandannas and neck gaiters (whatever the hell they are!)!

What mask was the lady referring to when she said to dispose of it. Do you both
think that cloth masks can't be washed? The lady obviously made another stupid
statement.

The point was handling the mask IS a source of infection.

Bandannas and neck gaiters DO qualify as a "mask" everywhere that
requires them. It is one layer of an unspecified cloth.
How can anyone do any kind of scientific study in an unspecified
media?

I am still waiting to see even as much as an attempt at a study, a
real study. All you have is some guys opinion that it is better than
nothing. This is nothing but LOOKING like you are doing something. You
go for it. I don't care anymore.

Well, you've said that before. Luddite posted a study. Did you bother to look at
it?

Must be a lot of folks in your neck of the woods wearing bandannas and neck
gaiters. So far I've not seen one in any place of business I've been in. Maybe
it's a 'cracker' thing.
--

===

Neck/face gaiters are beginning to become common here in SWFL. We get
a lot of sun and gaiters have become popular with fishermen. They are
as effective as sun screen and easier to use in my opinion.

https://www.avg.com