Default Manipulating Data...

What follows is exactly what I think will happen at Trump's CDC...

The architect and manager of Florida’s coronavirus dashboard says she
has been removed from her post because she refused to manipulate data.

The online dashboard has been a valuable resource for researchers,
reporters and the public to access and review COVID-19 cases, testing
and death data, and had won wide praise for its transparency and
accessibility, reported Florida Today.

However, the site has crashed and gone offline in recent weeks, data has
disappeared without explanation — and Rebekah Jones, who led a team of
Florida Department of Health data scientists and public health officers
to set up the site, announced her removal as of May 5.

“As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the
same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the
process during the first two months,” she added. “After all, my
commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no
longer managing it.”

Jones confirmed to WPEC-TV that she was removed because she was ordered
to censor some data, but she refused to “manually change data to drum up
support for the plan to reopen.”

The state’s Department of Health declined to comment, but researchers
blasted the move as an example of government censorship.

“We would not accept this lack of transparency for any other natural
disaster, so why are we willing to accept it here?” said Jennifer
Larsen, a researcher at the University of Central Florida’s LabX.

Data access has not worsened since Jones was removed, according to
researchers, but they worry that the data will become less available.

“They are pretending that public health is what has damaged (the)
economy,” said Asal Johnson, an assistant professor of Public Health at
Stetson University. “They are getting it wrong; the economy is damaged
because we ignored evidence to protect public health.

“They think they can save their own political interest by restricting
information,” she added.

The situation was even more dangerous now that Florida has already
reopened, researchers said.

“The virus doesn’t really give a damn if you hide its numbers,” said
Jennifer Larsen, a researcher at the University of Central Florida’s LabX.

--
MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes

On Tue, 19 May 2020 09:00:06 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

What follows is exactly what I think will happen at Trump's CDC...

The architect and manager of Florida’s coronavirus dashboard says she
has been removed from her post because she refused to manipulate data.

She should have been fired because the site sucked. It used to lock up
or go to places you were not intending to go. Usually it was easiest
to close it and reopen it if you wanted another view (county back to
state always failed).
Some times it would just lock up as soon as you changed the default
page.
It got a lot better after someone else took it over.

Bpb F, Bob F. need more Data Earl[_92_] General 0 October 28th 13 11:43 PM
Interesting Data John H[_2_] General 5 October 2nd 13 01:35 PM
Data mining Roger Long Cruising 3 October 12th 09 03:48 PM
Need UK Waters GPS or Data William Longyard Cruising 0 February 2nd 07 05:37 AM
Performance data DAVE M. General 1 September 3rd 03 05:33 PM