Default Test Everyone?

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 07:10:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 4/26/2020 1:32 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 04:09:13 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 02:46:13 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/25/2020 7:44 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Listening to Paul Romer, an economics professor and former
former world bank economist.

He wants a $100 million program to test *everyone* in the
US biweekly for the covid-19 virus, realizing that a
person could be negative today but go out and become
infected tomorrow.Â* He is proposing this to make sure
we can "open" the country/economy again.

I think I heard that so far 5 million people have been
tested in the USA and this is after a herculean effort
to get more test machines and test kits distributed.

How the hell does he expect to test *everyone* biweekly
as a condition for people to go back to work?

I am not even sure if it would be legal to mandate the
tests.

Make that "$100 *billion* program, not $100 million.

I commented on the $100 million. So how many tests can a person get for
$300?

Yeah $100Billion sounds right but if you are just looking for active
cases you are wasting your money. In real life sample antibody testing
is all you need anyway. You can make projections from there. They are
still watching the people with antibodies to be sure they really are
immune, If not, it may shoot the hell out of the plans for a vaccine.
Most vaccines are far from perfect anyway. Your average flu vaccine is
50-75% effective.

The flu vaccine is not against all flu, is formulated for the suspected
flus of that year. Some suspects don’t cooperate.

Why would we think this corona virus is any different?

There is at least one expert's opinion that I read that a vaccine for
covid-19 (being a corona type virus) may be impossible to develop.

Apparently, it has been tried before for the general category of this
type of virus and all attempts have been unsuccessful. It's not
a H1N1 type virus.

The common cold is a corona virus and we know how that works. This
might just be another seasonal thing that we have to live with. I
assume the more antibodies we develop over time, the less this will
affect us. Maybe that is why so many people shake this off so easily,
they have had hundreds of colds and beat them all, leaving trails of
antibodies behind.

On 4/26/20 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 07:10:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Gosh, I didn't know we knew what percentage of Americans had contracted
COVID-19, what percentage of those had only mild symptoms, what
percentage had no symptoms, and how antibodies, if you have them, work
against COVID-19. But, then, I'm not an amateur epidemiologist like you
are. You should be on Trump's panel, as you have so many answers to what
is still pretty much unknown.

Are you in Lee County, with 961 known cases and 37 deaths so far? Last
time I checked, we have about 130 known cases here in Calvert, with 7
deaths.

--
MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes
Tim Tim is offline

My county has 2 reported cases and no deaths.

Keyser Soze

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Common cold is a bunch of different viruses. Coronavirus being about 20%.
Lots are Rhinovirus. I thought before a little research that most colds
were Rhinovirus, but only a percentage are.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/26/20 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 07:10:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Actually easy these days to do some research with the internet. I realize
you are not an epidemiologist, as you have a literature degree from a
Kansas college. I also realize that you read no research not tied to your
political leanings. Unlike my cousin with her Phd microbiology degree who
work in the industry , I also did work in the bioengineering field with an
engineering degree. Which required research. Since they are only
testing for sick rookie, and not recovered people except in a few,limited
studies, we have no real clue as to the true range of this decease.

Keyser Soze wrote:
Tim wrote:
My county has 2 reported cases and no deaths.

Keyser Soze
Are you in Lee County, with 961 known cases and 37 deaths so far? Last
time I checked, we have about 130 known cases here in Calvert, with 7
deaths.

No one goes where you live.

Because that is where Flyover Deplorable live?

On 4/26/20 12:05 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Tim wrote:
My county has 2 reported cases and no deaths.

Keyser Soze
Are you in Lee County, with 961 known cases and 37 deaths so far? Last
time I checked, we have about 130 known cases here in Calvert, with 7
deaths.

No one goes where you live.

Because that is where Flyover Deplorable live?

I don't know much about where Tim lives. Our county, where we live, is
semi-rural and not densely populated. We do have one north-south state
highway that is heavily traveled during rush hour with commuters heading
north to DC and south to a naval base and its affiliated high-tech outfits.
We've been lucky in not having a large number of reported cases.

--
MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 10:47:06 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/26/20 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 07:10:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

With about 8 times the population (740,000) and far more old people
(29% over 65), we are doing much better than Calvert.

Next

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 08:28:52 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

My county has 2 reported cases and no deaths.

Great to be outside the big city huh?

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 15:39:32 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 4/26/20 10:36 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 07:10:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Two hard for Harry no doubt.

He didn't bother to find out how many people are here or the fact that
we have 2 big cities in Lee County with 8 times the population.
He lives in a little bedroom community that was mostly just a nasty
beach area (a polluted bay, infested with stinging jelly fish most of
the summer) and farmland 35 years ago. That was before DC pushed it's
suburban residents down there to get away from the crime. The beach
and bay never got any better tho.