Default Called up again

Grandson in the National Guard just got activated and called up again.

He had finished with the first assignment last week.
Was tested for covid-19 ... results were negative
but still had to complete remainder of a 14 day
quarantine.

He just finished that on Sunday and was notified
today to report tomorrow morning for another assignment.

It sorta figures. Massachusetts is supposed to
"peak" over the next week or so. I suspect they are
lining up troops for where ever they may be needed.

Gives him something to do at least. His school is
shut down as is the gym he works at as a personal
trainer.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 15:27:32 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Grandson in the National Guard just got activated and called up again.

He had finished with the first assignment last week.
Was tested for covid-19 ... results were negative
but still had to complete remainder of a 14 day
quarantine.

He just finished that on Sunday and was notified
today to report tomorrow morning for another assignment.

It sorta figures. Massachusetts is supposed to
"peak" over the next week or so. I suspect they are
lining up troops for where ever they may be needed.

Gives him something to do at least. His school is
shut down as is the gym he works at as a personal
trainer.

Hope he stays well. Is he getting double pay as they do on weekend drills, or
just regular pay? Hope it's double.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 4/21/2020 5:15 PM, John wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 15:27:32 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Grandson in the National Guard just got activated and called up again.

He had finished with the first assignment last week.
Was tested for covid-19 ... results were negative
but still had to complete remainder of a 14 day
quarantine.

He just finished that on Sunday and was notified
today to report tomorrow morning for another assignment.

It sorta figures. Massachusetts is supposed to
"peak" over the next week or so. I suspect they are
lining up troops for where ever they may be needed.

Gives him something to do at least. His school is
shut down as is the gym he works at as a personal
trainer.

Hope he stays well. Is he getting double pay as they do on weekend drills, or
just regular pay? Hope it's double.

No idea.

https://www.avg.com

John wrote:
[...]

Double pay was not really double pay. A meeting was 4 hours, so each day
was 2 work days.

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 22:14:21 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

It was such in insignificant amount of money for me I never really
noticed but I do seem to remember 2 days was worth 4 week nights
(essentially the monthly pay was the same whether you did one night a
week or one weekend a month).

I was Category H for a year or so (no drills and 30 days active a
year). I preferred that but they eliminated it.

wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

So for two 8 hour days they got paid for 32 hours, yes?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

Meetings were 4 hours. Some did one a week. I did a weekend a month.
It was meeting pay, not hourly. What was the hourly pay when I was active
duty E1? $65 a month. On duty or on call 24/7.

wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

I did the Navy Reserve thing for a while after I was discharged from
active duty.

We did a weekend a month but I forget how much we were paid. We had the
option of leaving Saturday afternoon and returning again on Sunday
morning or we could just stay on the base all weekend.

I ended up only doing it for about a year of the two year deal.
I started getting busy with my job and had to start traveling
for it.

Even though I had signed up for two years my participation in the
Reserves was voluntary anyway because I had
served for 9 years on active duty which satisfied the 6 year
eligibility requirement. I stopped going and at the end
of the two year period I received an honorable discharge from
the reserves to add to my collection. I have three of them. :-)

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

If you choose to serve in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard, you will earn
what is called Drill Pay. Army Drill Pay is money you earn while training on
weekends and during full-time training events.

You are compensated hourly for work completed. Your wages will increase when you
climb in rank and years of experience (many newly enlisted Soldiers enter the
Army Reserve as a private). For training events longer than a weekend, you are
given prorated Basic Pay.

https://www.goarmy.com/benefits/mone...-soldiers.html
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

I was Air Force reserve. I know about the pay. I was active duty for 9
months for tech school. I made more money in the 3 months of NCR work
that year, 1965, than the 9 months of active duty. Allowed me to keep
paying for my 1964 Chevy. $69 payments.

Called Joe's Wife Capt. Rob ASA 0 April 16th 06 05:05 PM
Rob could be called a Captain Joe ASA 1 November 6th 05 08:16 PM
Rob could be called a Captain Joe ASA 0 November 6th 05 06:39 PM
What is this "pin" thing called? Mike1 Tall Ships 33 November 14th 03 12:32 AM
What is this "pin" thing called? Mike1 General 40 November 11th 03 08:18 PM