Default Idiot

wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:12:37 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/16/2020 1:42 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:55:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
Harry would go for it. To him it’s a big waste having that great
florila out patrolling when waters anyhow.

8:05 AMMr. Luddite

Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus (he resigned after the USS Roosevelt
incident) now demonstrates why he should never have been the
Navy Secretary to begin with. Here's his latest:

"I think what they need to do is bring every ship in," Maybus said. "...
Offload most of the crew ... leave a very skeletal force on board,
sanitize the ship, quarantine people for two weeks, make sure nobody's
got COVID."

Way to go. Let all our adversaries know our Navy is out of commission.

Of course, it'll be far better for the morale and welfare of the sailors
to have hundreds or thousands of their shipmates become infected with
covoid-19 and die.

Navy should be cut in half. The invaders we have nowadays are airborne
viruses or terrorists on a commerical airliner. Not much use for a naveeeee.

We haven't had an invader since 1912. I assume all of the wars we were
involved in since then were a waste of our blood and treasure. If you
just want to talk about the last 70 years, I might agree.
A strong navy is the only thing that makes the oceans a barrier to
invasion tho. The country with the best navy owns the water up to your
beach line. We found that out the last time we were invaded.

The thing people like Harry fail to grasp is that having a strong Navy
(and military in general) ..... *works*.

Actually last time we were invaded was June of 1942. Japanese invaded
Alaska.

Yes that is true but I was really thinking of the CONUS. The Japanese
occupied a bunch of our territories in WWII.
I think you might be able to argue that they actually had a more
powerful navy in 1941 tho. We were top heavy in obsolete battleships
at a time when naval air power was what would win the war. They
brought more carriers to Pearl Harbor that we had in the whole
pacific.

And there are still rumors that they left the old obsolete battleships in
the harbor as bait. All the newer stuff was out on maneuvers.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 00:27:23 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

I am sure there are plenty of conspiracy theories out there but I
write it off to nothing more than government incompetence on virtually
every level. The USS Ward sunk a Jap sub in the exclusion area on the
morning of the attack and it was ignored. The RADAR site saw the
planes coming but they were ignored. The State Department suspected
there was an attack coming based on decoded intercepts but the warning
got lost in daily traffic and not sent as a flash message. The naval
intelligence did not believe anyone could make a aircraft torpedo that
would work in the shallow harbor so they did not defend for an air
attack. Kimmel decided it was a good idea to bunch up all of the
planes in a big cluster instead of dispersing them so one well placed
bomb could take out the whole lot.

The list goes on but I guess Monday morning quarterbacks always win.

Take the idiot out~ Tim General 61 November 25th 17 09:52 PM
According to the idiot's... Keyser Söze General 2 August 25th 15 04:36 PM
You won't have to be an idiot... X ` Man[_3_] General 23 December 4th 11 02:35 PM
Another idiot... HK General 0 June 25th 09 10:05 PM
idiot! [email protected] General 25 June 30th 06 08:57 PM