BoatBanter.com

-   -   Idiot (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/185233-idiot.html)

Mr. Luddite[_4_] April 16th 20 02:05 PM

Idiot

Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus (he resigned after the USS Roosevelt
incident) now demonstrates why he should never have been the
Navy Secretary to begin with. Here's his latest:

"I think what they need to do is bring every ship in," Maybus said. "...
Offload most of the crew ... leave a very skeletal force on board,
sanitize the ship, quarantine people for two weeks, make sure nobody's
got COVID."

Way to go. Let all our adversaries know our Navy is out of commission.

https://www.avg.com

John[_6_] April 16th 20 02:52 PM

Idiot

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:05:29 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus (he resigned after the USS Roosevelt
incident) now demonstrates why he should never have been the
Navy Secretary to begin with. Here's his latest:

"I think what they need to do is bring every ship in," Maybus said. "...
Offload most of the crew ... leave a very skeletal force on board,
sanitize the ship, quarantine people for two weeks, make sure nobody's
got COVID."

Way to go. Let all our adversaries know our Navy is out of commission.

Hadn't seen that. What a dumb ****. Maybe he's like Harry and thinks we have no
adversaries.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Keyser Soze April 16th 20 03:55 PM

Idiot

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
Harry would go for it. To him it’s a big waste having that great florila out patrolling when waters anyhow.

8:05 AMMr. Luddite

Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus (he resigned after the USS Roosevelt
incident) now demonstrates why he should never have been the
Navy Secretary to begin with. Here's his latest:

"I think what they need to do is bring every ship in," Maybus said. "...
Offload most of the crew ... leave a very skeletal force on board,
sanitize the ship, quarantine people for two weeks, make sure nobody's
got COVID."

Way to go. Let all our adversaries know our Navy is out of commission.

Of course, it'll be far better for the morale and welfare of the sailors
to have hundreds or thousands of their shipmates become infected with
covoid-19 and die.

Navy should be cut in half. The invaders we have nowadays are airborne
viruses or terrorists on a commerical airliner. Not much use for a naveeeee.

--
MAGA - Manipulating America's Gullible Assholes

[email protected] April 16th 20 06:42 PM

Idiot

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:55:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

We haven't had an invader since 1912. I assume all of the wars we were
involved in since then were a waste of our blood and treasure. If you
just want to talk about the last 70 years, I might agree.
A strong navy is the only thing that makes the oceans a barrier to
invasion tho. The country with the best navy owns the water up to your
beach line. We found that out the last time we were invaded.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] April 16th 20 06:55 PM

Idiot

wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

The thing people like Harry fail to grasp is that having a strong Navy
(and military in general) ..... *works*.

https://www.avg.com

Bill[_12_] April 16th 20 08:12 PM

Idiot

wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Actually last time we were invaded was June of 1942. Japanese invaded
Alaska.

Mr. Luddite[_4_] April 16th 20 08:27 PM

Idiot

wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Good thing for the west coast that we had a Navy.

https://www.avg.com

I Ohlphart April 16th 20 11:40 PM

Idiot

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:r
Former Navy Secretary Ray Mabus (he resigned after the USS Roosevelt incident) now demonstrates why he should never have been theNavy Secretary to begin with. Here's his latest:"I think what they need to do is bring every ship in," Maybus said. "... Offload most of the crew ... leave a very skeletal force on board, sanitize the ship, quarantine people for two weeks, make sure nobody's got COVID."Way to go. Let all our adversaries know our Navy is out of commission.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

Scary thinking. Resigning is the best thing he could do for the
country.
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

[email protected] April 17th 20 12:29 AM

Idiot

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:12:37 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

wrote:

On 4/16/20 10:18 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Yes that is true but I was really thinking of the CONUS. The Japanese
occupied a bunch of our territories in WWII.
I think you might be able to argue that they actually had a more
powerful navy in 1941 tho. We were top heavy in obsolete battleships
at a time when naval air power was what would win the war. They
brought more carriers to Pearl Harbor that we had in the whole
pacific.