Default More meaningful statistic

Instead of mass producing test kits and attempting to
determine who has and who doesn't have the virus,
here's a recommendation:

Let's try to determine how many people as a percentage
of the population have decided that the CDC
recommendations and requests don't apply to them
and feel they are entitled to ignore them.

Work on that percentage, get it way down and then
we may see a "flattening of the curve" and an
end in sight.

https://www.avg.com

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:51:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Instead of mass producing test kits and attempting to
determine who has and who doesn't have the virus,
here's a recommendation:

Let's try to determine how many people as a percentage
of the population have decided that the CDC
recommendations and requests don't apply to them
and feel they are entitled to ignore them.

Work on that percentage, get it way down and then
we may see a "flattening of the curve" and an
end in sight.

Then you have to let it go. I watched the spring breakers. They don't
care. We have convinced most of them if you are under 40, you will
shake this thing right off. I see more kids in the grocery store than
I ever have. It is the only place to go. They end up in the line with
a drink and some chips or something.
I am usually in and out pretty fast. I have been there 2 or 3 times a
week for 25 years so I know where everything is. If you are careful,
you really don't touch that much. It is times like this when a hook
would come in handy. Maybe one that oozed disinfectant. Use it to open
cooler cases.
The problem with a glove is your hand is safe but the glove is
contaminated so now you can't touch anything you want to keep with
that glove. This really gets tough if you are serious about it.

wrote:

[...]

Was at Trader Joe today. They wiped down carts, had sanitizer for the
hands and spray and rags for whatever. Got most of what I needed and a
few more things, out of there. Wiped down gloves with the hand sanitizer.
Wonder about clothes.

wrote:

[...]

Around here the stores have trash cans very close. After leaving the store take
the glove off, pulling from the top, and throw the 'inside out' glove in the
trash. (Or the poop bag, whichever.) Not near as hard as you think.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You still need to decontaminate everything you touched while you had
the glove on so it makes me question what the function of the glove
is, if you scrub up when you get in the car.
Today I set everything on the stove, sprayed it all with alcohol and
wiped it down, Then I wiped down the stove and scrubbed up.

wrote:

[...]

Don't touch anything except the store's door handles and the bag in the store.
Touch the door handles again on the way out. Then trash the bag on my hand and
the bag the pills came in.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

[...]

But...you are in the warm weather zone, and according to your leader,
COVOID-19 dies out in warm weather. Is this not true?

wrote:

[...]

I don't worry as much about the carts that have been sitting out in
the parking lot soaking up the UV from the sun if that is your
question. We are still waiting to see if warmer weather will slow the
spread but Fauci thinks it might. In fact they are saying the summer
might lull us into a false sense of security and to expect a
recurrence in the winter.