Default More Good News from Around the World

https://apnews.com/be15d6289f39b45742d598f6f65185ce

"In U.S. regions with the most extensive exposure to fentanyl, synthetic opioids
appear to be replacing heroin just as they did in Estonia, drug seizures and
mortality data show. Rising overdose rates from methamphetamine, often with
opioids present, and studies that show growing numbers of people taking both
opioids and stimulants suggest users in the U.S. also may be turning to
cocktails of synthetic drugs, as they did in Estonia.

Good news abounds, you just have to look for it!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:45:35 -0400, John wrote:

https://apnews.com/be15d6289f39b45742d598f6f65185ce

"In U.S. regions with the most extensive exposure to fentanyl, synthetic opioids
appear to be replacing heroin just as they did in Estonia, drug seizures and
mortality data show. Rising overdose rates from methamphetamine, often with
opioids present, and studies that show growing numbers of people taking both
opioids and stimulants suggest users in the U.S. also may be turning to
cocktails of synthetic drugs, as they did in Estonia.

Good news abounds, you just have to look for it!

It takes you mind off the Covid. :-)
Do you think that smack freak, shooting fentanyl is worried about a
silly virus?

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 23:41:54 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:45:35 -0400, John wrote:

https://apnews.com/be15d6289f39b45742d598f6f65185ce

"In U.S. regions with the most extensive exposure to fentanyl, synthetic opioids
appear to be replacing heroin just as they did in Estonia, drug seizures and
mortality data show. Rising overdose rates from methamphetamine, often with
opioids present, and studies that show growing numbers of people taking both
opioids and stimulants suggest users in the U.S. also may be turning to
cocktails of synthetic drugs, as they did in Estonia.

Good news abounds, you just have to look for it!

It takes you mind off the Covid. :-)
Do you think that smack freak, shooting fentanyl is worried about a
silly virus?

Hell no. He's happy!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 07:55:59 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 23:41:54 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:45:35 -0400, John wrote:

https://apnews.com/be15d6289f39b45742d598f6f65185ce

"In U.S. regions with the most extensive exposure to fentanyl, synthetic opioids
appear to be replacing heroin just as they did in Estonia, drug seizures and
mortality data show. Rising overdose rates from methamphetamine, often with
opioids present, and studies that show growing numbers of people taking both
opioids and stimulants suggest users in the U.S. also may be turning to
cocktails of synthetic drugs, as they did in Estonia.

Good news abounds, you just have to look for it!

It takes you mind off the Covid. :-)
Do you think that smack freak, shooting fentanyl is worried about a
silly virus?

Hell no. He's happy!

I have known a few smack freaks and none of them are ever happy about
anything but scoring. Then they shoot up, wallow in their misery, come
down even more miserable than before and don't have a happy thought
until they actually score again. That is also all they ever really
think about.
It is a horrible way to live.
That is why I won't touch any kind of pain pills. I am not really an
addictive type of person, I can give up anything at a snap of a finger
but I don't even want to tease that devil.

wrote:

[...]

Never been around one that I know of.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Scary group. Speed was the worst. During my college years a worked in
San Francisco. Our office, computer center was on the direct walk between
the Haight/ashbury to Union Square, Was the days when we had windows in
to the computer center. We had to,close the curtains as the Speed Freaks
especially came in the lobby to watch the lights on the systems. Scared
the crap out of the receptionist.

wrote:

[...]

I suppose my time in the Army prevented me from seeing a lot of that ****. In
Vietnam, the problem was mostly pot. Catch the guy, Article 15 his ass, start
over. There the troops could throw a pack of Camels over the fence and a pack of
18 or 19 mary janes would come back. (They couldn't fit 20 smokes in the pack.)
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I remember when the powers to be in the Navy decided to clean out all
the pot heads. It was as Vietnam was winding down and
those who admitted to smoking pot would be given an administrative
discharge under honorable conditions with no judicial action taken.
The program was intended to just get rid of them.

Didn't work out very well and they had to stop the program within
about 6 months. So many people were applying for it, it would have
created a shortage of active duty personnel.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

My buddy said his first field deployment in Vietnam was really scary. He
was from Poland and remembered the Polish revolution in 1956. They are
out in a area, digging foxholes and the smoke from all the pot is
unbelievable. He figured every VC for 20 miles know they were there from
the initial bombardment and his fellow soldiers are stoned. Was wondering
if he survived the night. He did, but got a Forest Gump wound.

wrote:

[...]

Scary group.Â*Â* Speed was the worst.Â*Â* During my college years a
worked in
San Francisco.Â*Â* Our office, computer center was on the direct walk
between
the Haight/ashbury to Union Square,Â*Â* Was the days when we had
windows in
to the computer center.Â*Â* We had to,close the curtains as the Speed
Freaks
especially came in the lobby to watch the lights on the systems.
Scared
the crap out of the receptionist.

I suppose my time in the Army prevented me from seeing a lot of that
****. In
Vietnam, the problem was mostly pot. Catch the guy, Article 15 his
ass, start
over. There the troops could throw a pack of Camels over the fence and
a pack of
18 or 19 mary janes would come back. (They couldn't fit 20 smokes in
the pack.)

I remember when the powers to be in the Navy decided to clean out all
the pot heads.Â* It was as Vietnam was winding down and
those who admitted to smoking pot would be given an administrative
discharge under honorable conditions with no judicial action taken.
The program was intended to just get rid of them.

Didn't work out very well and they had to stop the program within
about 6 months. So many people were applying for it, it would have
created a shortage of active duty personnel.

How often are all military personnel randomly checked these days?