Default Gonna get bad ....

Seems like every time I think, "This virus thing can't get any worse" ...

It does.

I was optimistic that a lot of the hype was social media produced
but after reading some current info from sources like the CDC,
we may have not seen anything yet.

The next week to week and a half will tell if the USA doesn't go
to a full scale lock down, much like Italy, France and Spain.

One thing I didn't know. Although the coronavirus is similar to
many others including the common cold, it is unique in the respect
that it has never infected humans before and humans have absolutely
no natural immunity to it.

Reading this morning from credible sources that before this is over
between 80 and 100 percent of the US population will eventually
become infected. Sources still say most will recover but the
death rate for older people (like us) is likely to be higher than
first thought.

Apparently "being in shape" and in good health doesn't matter. At age
60 our immune system has already weakened regardless of exercise or
general health.

By 65 and 70 it has weakened significantly.

I suppose it makes sense. A smart guy I knew years ago said that
the human body is only designed to last about 40 years or so.
By then you should have been eaten by a sabre toothed tiger or
something.

https://www.avg.com

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 13:34:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

I spent a couple hours this morning reading about it. You're right, it doesn't
look all that good. Non-socializing may lower the curve, but the numbers are
still bad looking. Lowering the curve may help us out, if we catch it, by making
more hospital beds available.

Young folks are less susceptible to serious consequences, so folks are wondering
why schools should be closed. The problem is that young folks can pick up the
virus from other young folks, bring it home, and then momma, daddy, and maybe
grandparents are affected. Cuomo, keeping the New York city schools open is a
bit of a fool, IMHO.

Anyway, my neighbor and I did not go to Starbucks this morning to **** off the
liberals with our new caps.

https://funkyimg.com/i/33872.jpg

However, I'm still planning on golf tomorrow, unless the course closes. The
county south of us has closed all its courses.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I said this before but Americans are not very accepting of being
locked down. DeSantis tried to lock down Broward County (our current
hot spot) and the residents responded by leaving town. They should be
getting up there tonight if they are not already there. Avoid anyone
with a tan.

wrote:

[...]

Massachusetts Governor Baker has ordered all bars and restaurants to
close starting Tuesday, March 17 and remain closed until April 5th.
Restaurants that offer take-out can continue take-out service but those
who normally don't offer take-out previously cannot start. Also,
gatherings of over 25 people is also banned. This also applies to
fitness centers, private clubs and theaters. Attendees limited to a max
of 25 people.

https://www.avg.com

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 19:37:25 -0400, Alex wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

Got an email later that day. All our county golf courses are closed also. Crap.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

We are allowed to walk and outdoor recreates if we stay 6’ away from
people.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

The golf course thing is just those Virginia democrats with jerky
knees. Maybe they would really be happy if there was no golf.