Tim Tim is offline

Default Small generator for the pontoon

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE
Tim Tim is offline

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qAus3pSYOaE

On Friday, January 31, 2020 at 10:44:09 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Just be aware that the continuous output is 700W. 900w is the max startup load. So it's good for just under 6 amps continuous at 120v.
Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, January 31, 2020 at 9:59:33 PM UTC-6, Its Me wrote:
On Friday, January 31, 2020 at 10:44:09 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it..

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Just be aware that the continuous output is 700W. 900w is the max startup load. So it's good for just under 6 amps continuous at 120v.

Yes, it does say not to exceed 6.5. what Im wanting it to do is to replenish my set of house batteries that will be used for an inverter etc. not to say it'll be a full load dead on.

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way.

It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv

%7Cm%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7C63025%7C&pgrid=76904975 005&ptaid=pla-821401423864&pcid=6550245096&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQo bChMIqLGNwLCv5wIVCdbACh0RRQwhEAQYBCABEgJtLPD_BwE

What is the sound dB rating. Some of those things are noisy. I suppose
you could put it in the back with a box around 3 sides like they do
for those old outboards. It will most likely be big enough to run your
battery charger and maybe a little fridge together.

wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way.

It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv

%7Cm%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7C63025%7C&pgrid=76904975 005&ptaid=pla-821401423864&pcid=6550245096&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQo bChMIqLGNwLCv5wIVCdbACh0RRQwhEAQYBCABEgJtLPD_BwE

I looked
91 dB. The recommended exposure level for 91dB is 2 hours. You will
need to work on sound deadening this thing.

Tim Tim is offline

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim

I looked
91 dB. The recommended exposure level for 91dB is 2 hours. You will
need to work on sound deadening this thing.

——

That seems to always be a problem. The noise and the vibration. Engine noise is bad enough but the vibration transferring through the hulls would add another annoyance. Eh, there’s others out there so I’m going to check them out too

On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Unless you've shot them all with your high caliber varmint rifle,
perhaps you can bribe a few small mammals to turn an exerciser belted to
a generator...

https://is.gd/HtXOSI
Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 8:33:56 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it..

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Unless you've shot them all with your high caliber varmint rifle,
perhaps you can bribe a few small mammals to turn an exerciser belted to
a generator...

https://is.gd/HtXOSI

you got anything brilliant to talk about?

On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will
power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a
charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this
would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have
plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great
reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Unless you've shot them all with your high caliber varmint rifle,
perhaps you can bribe a few small mammals to turn an exerciser belted to
a generator...

https://is.gd/HtXOSI

you got anything brilliant to talk about?

Not in this pigsty...