Default Small generator for the pontoon

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

Guy I know has a little Yamaha genny he bought as a refurb unit on
Amazon. Very quiet, runs his camp refrigerator, lights, radios, fans, et
cetera. I think he paid about $300 for it.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

——-

Yes, and by studying other reviews I’m learning a lot more about these. Yes the tailgatir is cheap on sale for 105. Bucks. And there’s lesser powered for 79.

Not that my power demands would be much but quietness is a great advantage. also minimal vibration is a factor too. The old 5 will be noisy enough as it is.

wrote:

[...]

You have to know which Yamaha. Costco was selling Yamaha 2000 generators
for I think $600. They did not have the Yamaha engine. My 2000i Yamaha is
a nice unit. Had to clean the carb once as the fuel gelled and was a bitch
to,start.

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

I was going to send you a 20% off coupon, but it's not good for Tailgator. Oh well. That's a good
price, as the current sale catalog shows them at $124.99.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 1 Feb 2020 15:29:41 GMT, Keyser Soze wrote:

Tim wrote:
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 8:33:56 AM UTC-6, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will
power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a
charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this
would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have
plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great
reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...CABEgJtLPD_BwE

Unless you've shot them all with your high caliber varmint rifle,
perhaps you can bribe a few small mammals to turn an exerciser belted to
a generator...

https://is.gd/HtXOSI

you got anything brilliant to talk about?

Not in this pigsty...

Tell us about your son. You keep rooting around looking for something.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 03:38:18 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 19:44:07 -0800 (PST), Tim

I looked
91 dB. The recommended exposure level for 91dB is 2 hours. You will
need to work on sound deadening this thing.

——

That seems to always be a problem. The noise and the vibration. Engine noise is bad enough but the vibration transferring through the hulls would add another annoyance. Eh, there’s others out there so I’m going to check them out too

You should be able to make a shock mounted pad that will isolate the
vibration. Surplus Center in Nebraska or one of those wheat states has
this sort of stuff in their catalog. That is were I got the 700 pound
rated castors for that stone entertainment center.

On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
I’ve been looking and this doesn’t look bad. 900w about 45 lb and will
power mist small things. Seeing my merc 115 has only about a 10a
charging system, it doesn’t leave much room for extras. I figure this
would do the job. Pack this with a 20a battery charger, and I’ll have
plenty for lights etc. tech has come a long way. It’s gotten great
reviews. It’s cheap and I’m liking it.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv%
7Cm%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7C63025%7C&pgrid=769049750 05&ptaid=pla-821401423864&pcid=6550245096&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQo bChMIqLGNwLCv5wIVCdbACh0RRQwhEAQYBCABEgJtLPD_BwE

Unless you've shot them all with your high caliber varmint rifle,
perhaps you can bribe a few small mammals to turn an exerciser belted to
a generator...

https://is.gd/HtXOSI

you got anything brilliant to talk about?

Not in this pigsty...

Yeah we are talking about boats. Maybe you are out of your element.

https://www.harborfreight.com/900-Wa...%7Cpmt%7C%7Cpd
v%7Cm%7Cslid%7C%7Cproduct%7C63025%7C&pgrid=7690497 5005&ptaid=pla-821401423864&pcid=6550245096&intent=&gclid=EAIaIQo bChMIqLGNwLCv5wIVCdbACh0RRQwhEAQYBCABEgJtLPD_BwE

===

The only issue I see is noise, and possibly long term durability. Over
the long term you might be happier with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56125i-1250-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B074H5HGSX

I think its a 4 stroke which would be another plus.

I was guessing he was thinking he already had a big tank of 50:1 but
maybe his engine is oil injected. Most OMC guys unhooked that VRO ****
tho.

On 1/31/20 10:44 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

LOL!