Default Great Video

or at least I thought so ...

21 minute video of life on a modern Arleigh Burke class DDG.

Jobs, daily routine, inspections, living quarters, recreation, etc.

Brought back memories of being on a Navy "small ship" except everything
is much more modern, living quarters are better and the sailors today
are far more professional, IMO. Plus, there are females aboard.

Got a kick out of the female Electronics Technician (PO3). The ET
rating on a small ship is an "everything tech" due to the small
crew and necessity of being able to fix anything. That hasn't changed.

well done and interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpU8oU7Ny8

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 11:20:40 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

or at least I thought so ...

21 minute video of life on a modern Arleigh Burke class DDG.

Jobs, daily routine, inspections, living quarters, recreation, etc.

Brought back memories of being on a Navy "small ship" except everything
is much more modern, living quarters are better and the sailors today
are far more professional, IMO. Plus, there are females aboard.

Got a kick out of the female Electronics Technician (PO3). The ET
rating on a small ship is an "everything tech" due to the small
crew and necessity of being able to fix anything. That hasn't changed.

well done and interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpU8oU7Ny8

Nice! I had a chance to ride on a destroyer out of San Diego with a Navy Reserve unit. I met the XO
during a shindig in San Diego, and he offered me a ride. But, playing softball I busted a bone in my
hand and cracked a kneecap. With casts on an arm and leg, I became unqualified to go for the ride.
I've regretted that softball game ever since then!

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 11:21:06 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
or at least I thought so ...

21 minute video of life on a modern Arleigh Burke class DDG.

Jobs, daily routine, inspections, living quarters, recreation, etc.

Brought back memories of being on a Navy "small ship" except everything
is much more modern, living quarters are better and the sailors today
are far more professional, IMO. Plus, there are females aboard.

Got a kick out of the female Electronics Technician (PO3). The ET
rating on a small ship is an "everything tech" due to the small
crew and necessity of being able to fix anything. That hasn't changed.

well done and interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBpU8oU7Ny8

Thanks for posting, that was interesting.

My dad served in the Navy in WWII aboard the USS CONSERVER. It was a BOLSTER - class rescue and salvage ship. It had a crew of 83 total. He was in the CB's.

One of the great songs, with a great video. John H.[_5_] General 0 July 31st 12 08:59 PM
great bicycle video BeachBum[_2_] General 1 August 17th 11 06:08 PM
Great Video John H[_12_] General 35 January 11th 10 03:04 PM
Another great music video Jim General 0 October 16th 09 03:30 PM
Great video - 'Over There' JohnH General 0 April 25th 06 09:29 PM