Default Project Report: New RADAR installation.

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 06:00:05 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 16:00:50 -0400, wrote:

As previously reported, the holes in the undrillable stainless steel
plate got drilled and they lined up perfectly. The new 24 conductor,
$300 cable got pulled in through an unnavigable access channel (after
some really tense moments where it wouldn't budge either forwards or
backwards). The internal electrical connections on 6 unlabeled mini
plugs were made while perched on a ladder 17 feet off the water.
Everything was bolted down and buttoned up. The 4 ft open-array
rotating scanner was installed. The circuit breaker was turned back on
and the display unit activated. The warm up cycle for the 6kw
magnetron completed. I held my breath and pushed the start scanning
button. And darned if it didn't start spinning and sending back echos
to the screen. According to Mr. Furuno's display the radar beam was 3
degrees off center to the right but fortunately there's an easy
adjustment for that.

That big sigh of relief you heard was me. I shudder to think what a
tech at $120/hour plus travel would have charged for the installation.

https://www.furunousa.com/en/products/1945

I bought mine used on EBAY for considerably less.

Congrats. It's a hell of a relief when something like that works on the first try!

===

Oh yes. Especially after half way through when you wonder if you're
in over your head. :-)

https://www.avg.com

Varnish Project - Final Report Wayne.B General 20 April 29th 14 03:58 PM
Windlass project for my aluminum b oat is complete! (With photos ofthe project.) FishWisher General 14 September 14th 09 01:55 AM
Radar Installation Helbergon Cruising 8 February 18th 06 08:13 PM
Bart's Project Report.... Capt. Mooron ASA 91 May 12th 04 03:42 AM
radar installation - cable path bruce Electronics 8 April 24th 04 04:09 AM