Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JohnH

Default Best Fishfinder

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:44:57 GMT, "gatt" wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message

I recently began looking around myself. Looks like Furuno has a
reasonably priced unit too. I was satisfied with my Humminbird
200DX unit (admittedly, I used it primarily for depth) until the
unit said I was in 5' of water and my skeg/prop were in the sand
at less than a foot of water.

Interesting. I had the head of my Humminbird Wide 100 stolen off my boat
last year but found lots of them in all conditions on E-Bay and got a new
head (waiting for it in the mail :/) for $45. Didn't have any problems
like that, but I'll remember to keep a +/- 5' factor the future.

The new Humminbird Piranha series are okay and inexpensive but I don't know
how they are for finding fish.

-c

I have a Lowrance X75, and I love it. When it says 1.5 feet, the mud will start
churning! If it says 2 feet, then I'm OK. It works well! (The speed reading is a
little high, however, but I think the previous owner must have cranked it up.)

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD