Junior Member

Default Best site to sell a boat?

Been lurking since 2015, finally made an account because I need to ask: what's the best site to sell my boat? Looking to downsize currently. I've used Yachtworld, BoatTrader, and Sell-A-Boat, but Sell-A-Boat's been the only one I've really enjoyed. Any other places I can check out?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 17:34:08 +0100, Squid71 wrote:

Been lurking since 2015, finally made an account because I need to ask:
what's the best site to sell my boat? Looking to downsize currently.
I've used Yachtworld, BoatTrader, and Sell-A-Boat, but Sell-A-Boat's
been the only one I've really enjoyed. Any other places I can check out?

I'd sure put it in Craigslist.
Tim Tim is offline

Squid71

--
Squid71

If you’re on Facebook they have Facebook Marketplace which is free and I’d say safer than using craigslist. All communication goes through FB and not mere email.

Good luck. Btw, what are you selling?

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:31:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Squid71

Been lurking since 2015, finally made an account because I need to ask:
what's the best site to sell my boat? Looking to downsize currently.
I've used Yachtworld, BoatTrader, and Sell-A-Boat, but Sell-A-Boat's
been the only one I've really enjoyed. Any other places I can check out?

If you’re on Facebook they have Facebook Marketplace which is free and I’d say safer than using craigslist. All communication goes through FB and not mere email.

Good luck. Btw, what are you selling?

Tim, questions and answers on Craigslist goes thru Craigslist, unless you decide to bypass the
system.

Check this site out:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...878113091.html

You are welcome to send the originator (me) a question, and I'll answer it. You'll see what I mean.

wrote:

Been lurking since 2015, finally made an account because I need to ask:
what's the best site to sell my boat? Looking to downsize currently.
I've used Yachtworld, BoatTrader, and Sell-A-Boat, but Sell-A-Boat's
been the only one I've really enjoyed. Any other places I can check out?

===

A lot depends on the boat and where you live. Smaller boats that are
popular in your area can be sold on Craigs list. Beware of scams
however, and do not accept cashiers checks under any circumstances. I
have a neighbor who sells used cars on Craigs list and he does all of
his transactions in cash. A buyer using a bank or credit union can be
OK as long as you go there together and close the transaction under
their supervision. For larger, more expensive boats you need wider
coverage and help from a broker. Yachtworld is the best site for that
but first you'll have to find a local broker who can post your
listing. You can't do that directly. The broker will typically get a
10% commission out of your selling price.

---
https://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

John H
[...]

You’d be right John. I’ve ever bought anything from Craigslist...

buy or sell a boat am General 0 November 19th 07 08:52 PM
ANNOUNCE: Online sale site - buy & sell boating equipment with people near you [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 28th 05 07:48 PM
FREE Advertising - Sell you boat fast ------> Boat Agent <-------- Car Agent UK Paddle 0 February 5th 05 07:39 PM
FREE Advertising - Sell you boat fast ------> Boat Agent <-------- Car Agent UK Power Boats 0 February 5th 05 07:39 PM
where/how to sell a classic boat - help please Antoine Boat Building 4 July 26th 03 01:12 PM