Antoine

Default where/how to sell a classic boat - help please

We have to let go of our William Fife 1935 6metre. This being a rather
special boat can anybody point us in the right direction. Thanks in
advance
Jim Conlin

In the US, I'd start with the brokers that advertise in WoodenBoat magazine.

Antoine wrote:

We have to let go of our William Fife 1935 6metre. This being a rather
special boat can anybody point us in the right direction. Thanks in
advance

Glenn Ashmore

If it is in good condition a WM. Fife is worth a lot of money. I would
almost suggest talking to Sotheby. While not experts on boats they are
good at selling high value antiques and may be able to guide you in the
right direction.

There are a couple of English and French brokers that specialize in
classics like that and J-Class Management in Newport comes to mind over
here. JCM is a couple of really sharp women who manage the restoration
of classics. They do a little brokerage but can surely help with
advice. Woodenboat Magazine and Classic Boat Magazine are possible
places to advertise.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Antoine

Antoine wrote:
We have to let go of our William Fife 1935 6metre. This being a rather
special boat can anybody point us in the right direction. Thanks in
advance

Many thanks to all who replied!
Glen, will follow up a your suggestions - the boat is in perfect
condition, following a sympathetic restoration, she's almost as she
was the day she came out of Fife's yard.

On a different note I have been following your progress on RUTU for a
couple of years now... fantastic job!
Antoine
Chris Reynolds

om...

Antoine wrote:
We have to let go of our William Fife 1935 6metre. This being a rather
special boat can anybody point us in the right direction. Thanks in
advance

Many thanks to all who replied!
Glen, will follow up a your suggestions - the boat is in perfect
condition, following a sympathetic restoration, she's almost as she
was the day she came out of Fife's yard.

On a different note I have been following your progress on RUTU for a
couple of years now... fantastic job!
Antoine

Try Malcolm J:Horsley International in Antibes.
Mike Horsley (the owner) is an enthusiastic and knowledgable broker in
classic yachts.
He will know exactly who would be interested and how much it is worth.
You can find him at http://www.mjhyachts.com/
Regards,
Chris