Tim Tim is offline

Default Best SALT WATER SOAP ???

Steve Weingart
In article ,

(Susan Welsh) wrote:
In article ,
George Ray wrote:

I presume you mean for washing one's body/hair in salt water.
I think any detergent-based product designed for use on the skin
or head works reasonably well. The "Joy" product is OK, I have
also heard that most of the "Body Shop" shampoo/shower gels are
OK (but they are expensive).

The big problem with Joy or other dish soaps is that it will all but peel
the skin off of anyone with sensitive skin and leave anyone with less
than *very* oily hair with dried out hair after just a few washings.
(no offence to anyone who likes it, one washing in Joy and Pat is just
about skinless ;-(

The Sea Savon salt water soap that used to be distributed by Davis was
absolutely *great*, clean hair and skin, without any damage to either,
but they seem to have switched to a brand called Aqua Lather that is not
nearly as good, it's mild but does not seem to leave that *clean* feeling
as well (we wrote them and asked for a source of the old stuff a few
months ago, but they have not responded)

Cheers,

Steve

I. The mid-west I don’t have much contact with brine. I’ve found that Ajax dish soap is a great in-general cleanser. I liked to wash my boats and pontoon with it. Granted, I use well water, but the stuff lathers for quite a while. Besides, it’s cheap...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ajax-Ultr...fl-oz/19514874

Tim

Steve WeingartÂ*

In article ,Â*

Â* Â*(Susan Welsh) wrote:Â*
In article , Â*
George Ray wrote:Â*

I presume you mean for washing one's body/hair in salt water.Â*
I think any detergent-based product designed for use on the skinÂ*
or head works reasonably well. The "Joy" product is OK, I haveÂ*
also heard that most of the "Body Shop" shampoo/shower gels areÂ*
OK (but they are expensive).Â*
Â*

The big problem with Joy or other dish soaps is that it will all but peelÂ*
the skin off of anyone with sensitive skin and leave anyone with lessÂ*

than *very* oily hair with dried out hair after just a few washings.Â*
(no offence to anyone who likes it, one washing in Joy and Pat is justÂ*
about skinless ;-(Â*

The Sea Savon salt water soap that used to be distributed by Davis wasÂ*
absolutely *great*, clean hair and skin, without any damage to either,Â*
but they seem to have switched to a brand called Aqua Lather that is notÂ*
nearly as good, it's mild but does not seem to leave that *clean* feelingÂ*
as well (we wrote them and asked for a source of the old stuff a fewÂ*
months ago, but they have not responded)Â*

Cheers,Â*

SteveÂ*

.......Â*

"I. The mid-west I don’t have much contact with brine. I’ve found that Ajax dish soap is a great in-general cleanser. I liked to wash my boats and pontoon with it. Granted, I use well water, but the stuff lathers for quite a while. Besides, it’s cheap...Â*
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ajax-Ultra-Triple-Action-Dishwashing-Liquid-Dish-Soap-Orange-90-fl-oz/19514874"

Wonder if that dish soap would have any effect on previously applied boat wax?
Tim Tim is offline

On Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 5:22:56 PM UTC-6, True North wrote:
[...]

Now that, I don't know. I DO know that it was the best I'd found for cleaning my pontoon. I'd tried all the 'super ' 'industrial strength' stuff and they didn't have pleasing results. concerning previous wax? ehhhh, I doubt if it'd strip it...

Tim wrote:
[...]

Dawn may remove wax. Is what body shops use to remove any silicone on the
surface.

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 14:02:12 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Steve Weingart
In article ,

(Susan Welsh) wrote:
In article ,
George Ray wrote:

[...]

If I'm going to wax, I'll use Dawn to help get rid of the old stuff. If not, then I'll use Murphy's
Oil Soap, which is gentle. It's also recommended for cleaning the rubber roof on RVs.

Tim Tim is offline

Dec 12John H
If I'm going to wax, I'll use Dawn to help get rid of the old stuff. If not, then I'll use Murphy's
Oil Soap, which is gentle. It's also recommended for cleaning the rubber roof on RVs.

I didn’t know that. Something else to investigate...

Best SALT WATER SOAP ??? [email protected] General 0 December 11th 18 07:32 PM
cleaning binoculars with water & soap His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher General 0 July 31st 11 03:30 AM
Fresh water from salt water. Gregory Hall ASA 1 August 14th 07 02:47 AM
Salt Water/Fresh Water prs General 8 August 26th 04 07:40 PM
Salt Water V. Fresh Water [email protected] General 11 July 25th 04 06:43 AM