posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Fresh water from salt water.

http://www.blog.thesietch.org/2007/0...o-fresh-water/

Greg

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Aug 13, 8:36 pm, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/2007/0...nious-way-to-t...

Greg

Sun powered watercone condenser provides healthy distilled water.

How to improve it?

Scale up? Only by massing huge numbers.

Reduce cost. Wire frames or even inflated frames, sewn plastic film
construction possible?

Add a drain tube and a fill tube. Connect to pumps, computer controls.
Cmos circuits use so little power, you could dress up the computer to
ding, prompting the operator to operate valves, do cleanings,
whatever. The video game score is tallied in water. Sensor
connections by fiber optic circuit.

Cool condenser with a little salt water on the outside? Cycling the
temperature might affect production gains. Salt water should wash the
cone / lens clean outside. Avoid scratches!

Insulate bottom pan so water heats up more quickly.

Add reflector on shady out side.

Separate nested parts so evaporation and condensation cycles can be
more independently affected for experimentation.

Fill frequently with only small amounts of salt water, to speed up
heating.

Pre-warmed water could be used to speed processing.

Aren't there survival toys like this?

Does operating a still for water carry the same penalties as for
alcohol?

Hint: only if you are caught. Big Brother doesn't want citizens
getting used to stills of any sort.

'Nuther hint: Collect rainwater at sea. That's one reason why I say a
good umbrella would do double or triple duty for MOB (hail helmet).

Sorry to babble. My new / old 14' speedboat sank in winds and rain at
the cottage dock last week. We got no weather covers yet. Dragged it
beachward, waited for the freshwater tide to go out, pumped,
refloated, cleaned, restarted the old Merc, then cut down a poplar
tree onto power lines. Then started cutting line of sight to the
satellite. Satellite elevation angle is 32 degrees, I'll be cutting
grass all the way to the summit behind me, which is about 31 degrees,
I'm sure! What a weekend!

I'm feeling better, thanks, thinking maybe I should have launched the
Tyler this year, after all. Maybe next year.

Still glad to be here!

Terry K

Salt Water/Fresh Water prs General 8 August 26th 04 07:40 PM
Salt Water/Fresh Water prs General 1 August 25th 04 04:47 PM
Salt Water V. Fresh Water [email protected] General 11 July 25th 04 06:43 AM
salt water use gccch General 4 January 29th 04 02:46 PM
Fresh-water flushing a raw water system? Jeffrey P. Vasquez Cruising 24 January 28th 04 12:19 AM