Default It's Fretwell's Fault

True North wrote:
On Saturday, 8 December 2018 14:41:27 UTC-4, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/8/18 12:46 PM, Bill wrote:

You do not even know the game.

It's kinda cold today, Bilious...would you provide some entertainment by
videotaping falling off a roof?

..and swilling from a liquor bottle before climbing on that ladder.
You and the JohnnyMop would be a hoot to watch doing home repairs.

Does Fat Harry pay you to be his friend and provide these moronic

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 22:25:23 -0500, Alex wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
Some time ago, B'rer Fretwell convinced me that my choice of a .357
MAG revolver was the *wrong* firearm for the night table, because if I
ever had to use it, even if I hit the intruder, everyone else would be
rendered deaf, the rounds are so loud. I thought about this for a
while, and tested Fretwell's theory at the indoor and outdoor ranges I
frequent. Without muffs.

As much as I hate to admit it, Fretwell was right this one time.

So, I sold the revolver to a buddy for a good price and he also bought
my Henry Big Boy .357 MAG rifle I just wasn't using. I used some of
the proceeds to pick up a 9mm Walther PPQ M2 TAC, shown in the
accompanying photo I swiped from a Walther site. With a suppressor
fitted, it's not much louder than a .22LR that's been
"suppressor-ized," and therefore usable inside without fear of
rendering anyone deaf. It's the same suppressor I used on my 9mm CZ
Scorpion Carbine.

I'm going to fit a small "tactical" light to the rails on the
underside of the lower.

New pistol has a pretty nice trigger and appears to be accurate. I got
the "Maryland" version, with three 10-round mags. Mine has the Vortex
Venom red dot attached, looks pretty much like the red dot sight in
Walther's photo.

https://flic.kr/p/RieMq7

Suppressors are unsuitable for self defense.

Why is that? I understand that is not a CCW gun but in an appropriate
case near the bed it is perfect. The extra weight on the end of the
barrel holds down the flip for a follow up and the muzzle blast only
affects the people you didn't shoot.

Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Hey, Lil' Alex has 60 firearms sitting unused in a safe, so obviously he
is *the* expert on such matters. Perhaps he thinks one throws the
suppressor at the bad guy, instead of attaching it to the muzzle of a
firearm. Here's a snap from the manufacturer's site on a 9mm pistol:

https://flic.kr/p/PGgaET

On 12/9/18 9:29 AM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:

On 12/8/18 11:39 PM, wrote: On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 22:25:23 -0500, Alex wrote: Keyser Soze wrote: Some time ago, B'rer Fretwell convinced me that my choice of a .357 MAG revolver was the *wrong* firearm for the night table, because if I ever had to use it, even if I hit the intruder, everyone else would be rendered deaf, the rounds are so loud. I thought about this for a while, and tested Fretwell's theory at the indoor and outdoor ranges I frequent. Without muffs. As much as I hate to admit it, Fretwell was right this one time. So, I sold the revolver to a buddy for a good price and he also bought my Henry Big Boy .357 MAG rifle I just wasn't using. I used some of the proceeds to pick up a 9mm Walther PPQ M2 TAC, shown in the accompanying photo I swiped from a Walther site. With a suppressor fitted, it's not much louder than a .22LR that's been "suppressor-ized," and therefore usable inside without fear of rendering anyone deaf. It's the same suppressor I used on my 9mm CZ Scorpion Carbine. I'm going to fit a small "tactical" light to the rails on the underside of the lower. New pistol has a pretty nice trigger and appears to be accurate. I got the "Maryland" version, with three 10-round mags. Mine has the Vortex Venom red dot attached, looks pretty much like the red dot sight in Walther's photo. https://flic.kr/p/RieMq7 Suppressors are unsuitable for self defense. Why is that? I understand that is not a CCW gun but in an appropriate case near the bed it is perfect. The extra weight on the end of the barrel holds down the flip for a follow up and the muzzle blast only affects the people you didn't shoot. Hey, Lil' Alex has 60 firearms sitting unused in a safe, so obviously he is *the* expert on such matters. Perhaps he thinks one throws the suppressor at the bad guy, instead of attaching it to the muzzle of a firearm. Here's a snap from the manufacturer's site on a 9mm pistol:https://flic.kr/p/PGgaET

Now doesn't that look silly. You only see **** like that in the
movies.

**** like what? **** like you? The pic shows a relatively short
suppressor mounted on a Walther 9mm pistol, not the model I have, but
similar in size.

Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Was Greg's question too difficult to answer?
Tim Tim is offline

Dec
I suppose the question would be why. Those things are murder on your
ears outside and every insult to your ears will hurt you later.
Sometimes you just have to believe. ;-)

I never fired a round of anything in my range in Md without muffs.
I was in the house when we had an AD of a 12 gauge tho and it was
impressive.
40 years ago I lived in an old farm house and shot my 357 into a big block of wood at the bottom of an enclosed stairwell. All I heard was an enormously loud “BONK!!!”

I thought the precession had blown both eardrums-thankfully not. But I’ve had a subtle hissing in both ears even to this day.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 11:37:51 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Dec
I suppose the question would be why. Those things are murder on your
ears outside and every insult to your ears will hurt you later.
Sometimes you just have to believe. ;-)

I never fired a round of anything in my range in Md without muffs.
I was in the house when we had an AD of a 12 gauge tho and it was
impressive.
40 years ago I lived in an old farm house and shot my 357 into a big block of wood at the bottom of an enclosed stairwell. All I heard was an enormously loud “BONK!!!”

I thought the precession had blown both eardrums-thankfully not. But I’ve had a subtle hissing in both ears even to this day.

That is why I have to call bull**** when I see Dirty Harry shooting
that 29 Smith in that concrete walk way at the stadium.
He would be "Dirty Huh?" for the rest of his life. My buddy's 29 took
pictures off the wall when we fired it in my basement, using plugs and
muffs. It felt like getting smacked in the face with a wet towel. A 12
gauge was mild compared to that.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 16:19:25 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

[...]

That silly **** is movie gangsta stuff. Why do you want to mimic
gangstas?

Gangstas get attention...something he and his buddy, Trump, strive for.

like fretwell, a fan of... Nomen Nescio General 0 December 11th 17 03:34 AM
Fretwell [email protected] General 35 September 18th 17 05:35 AM
For Fretwell, a fan of satire... Keyser Söze General 5 June 29th 16 09:09 PM
Fretwell: Don't Read This! :) Keyser Söze General 0 June 24th 15 11:34 PM
Is fretwell trying.... *e#c General 13 August 22nd 12 01:37 AM