Default So, I walked into a bar...

....and JustaFart was sitting there, nursing a cheap American beer.

We both stared up at the bar TV as the 11 pm news came on. The news crew
was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building. He was
preparing to jump.

JustaFart looked at me and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"

I said, "You know what, I bet he will." JustaFart replied, "Well, I bet
he won't." He placed $20 on the bar and said, "You're on!"

Just as JustAFart placed his money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive
off of the building, falling to his death. JustaFart was very upset and
handed his $20 to me, saying, "Fair's fair...here's your money."

I replied, "I can't take your money, I saw this news story earlier on
the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."

JustaFart replies, "I did, too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."

I took the money.

On 12/5/2018 6:47 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
...and JustaFart was sitting there, nursing a cheap American beer.

We both stared up at the bar TV as the 11 pm news came on. The news crew
was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building. He was
preparing to jump.

JustaFart looked at me and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"

I said, "You know what, I bet he will." JustaFart replied, "Well, I bet
he won't." He placed $20 on the bar and said, "You're on!"

Just as JustAFart placed his money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive
off of the building, falling to his death. JustaFart was very upset and
handed his $20 to me, saying, "Fair's fair...here's your money."

I replied, "I can't take your money, I saw this news story earlier on
the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."

JustaFart replies, "I did, too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."

I took the money.

http://funkyimg.com/i/2NTez.jpg

Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze noway+AEA-jose.com Wrote in message:
...and JustaFart was sitting there, nursing a cheap American beer.We both stared up at the bar TV as the 11 pm news came on. The news crew was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building. He was preparing to jump.JustaFart looked at me and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"I said, "You know what, I bet he will." JustaFart replied, "Well, I bet he won't." He placed +ACQ-20 on the bar and said, "You're on!"Just as JustAFart placed his money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive off of the building, falling to his death. JustaFart was very upset and handed his +ACQ-20 to me, saying, "Fair's fair...here's your money."I replied, "I can't take your money, I saw this news story earlier on the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."JustaFart replies, "I did, too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."I took the money.

Of course you did. And I gave willingly figuring you to be a
charity case.

Harry doesn't win bets. Even if it's a "sure thing".

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 19:47:09 -0500, Alex wrote:

Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
[...]

It's nice when he loses and helps buy a pistol for someone down on his luck. That truly shows
Harry's 'empathy'.

Justan Ohlphart wrote:
[...]

That did work out very well!

Tim Tim is offline