Default I survived Michael

8 days without electricity, 5 with very little running water, I finally
bought an AT&T cellphone to tether to my laptop to get back online.
The wind blew away out carport and screened porch, also laid the
garage wall over onto my truck. I can't open the garage door because of
the damage. Garage ceiling drywall and insulation fell in, some water
damage in other rooms but none fell in, although we had to put buckets
under a ceiling fan and a hall light to catch water.
My wife shed was crushed by a tree, mine lost two roof panels so all
my tools and supplies got wet.
We lost about 70% of the trees in the area, some areas were even worse.
He had a boat in a marina, it was our business for the last 18 years,
we sold shrimp from a pontoon boat, It had a 8 x 8ft room and then deck
space for sales. It was totally demolished, no structure left, even part
of the deck was ripped up.
We had about 6500 lbs of shrimp in freezers at the house, my wife was
able to contact a wholesaler that sent a truck to get 4700 lbs one night
and two days later got another 1000 lbs, we had a generator to keep the
freezers running after the storm. I had to throw out at least 600 lbs
the was frozen in the freezers from 4 or 5 inches of water that locked
them in.
So we are officially retired.
Enough for now, just wanted to check in, Mikek

---

On 10/21/2018 10:01 PM, amdx wrote:

8 days without electricity, 5 with very little running water, I finally
bought an AT&T cellphone to tether to my laptop to get back online.
Â*The wind blew away out carport and screened porch, also laid the
garage wall over onto my truck. I can't open the garage door because of
the damage. Garage ceiling drywall and insulation fell in, some water
damage in other rooms but none fell in, although we had to put buckets
under a ceiling fan and a hall light to catch water.
Â* My wife shed was crushed by a tree, mine lost two roof panels so all
my tools and supplies got wet.
Â*We lost about 70% of the trees in the area, some areas were even worse.
Â* He had a boat in a marina, it was our business for the last 18 years,
we sold shrimp from a pontoon boat, It had a 8 x 8ft room and then deck
space for sales. It was totally demolished, no structure left, even part
of the deck was ripped up.
Â*We had about 6500 lbs of shrimp in freezers at the house, my wife was
able to contact a wholesaler that sent a truck to get 4700 lbs one night
and two days later got another 1000 lbs, we had a generator to keep the
freezers running after the storm. I had to throw out at least 600 lbs
the was frozen in the freezers from 4 or 5 inches of water that locked
them in.
Â* So we are officially retired.
Â*Enough for now, just wanted to check in, Mikek

---

Man! Sorry to hear of your damages and losses but it's good to see
you all survived. Here's to your complete recovery!

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:01:52 -0500, amdx wrote:

[...]

Where was that, PCB?
Sorry to hear you took such a beating. Is insurance going to help?
If there is anything I can send you, let me know.

On 10/21/2018 11:54 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 21:01:52 -0500, amdx wrote:

8 days without electricity, 5 with very little running water, I finally
bought an AT&T cellphone to tether to my laptop to get back online.
The wind blew away out carport and screened porch, also laid the Insurance
[...]

Insurance will help with home, none on business.
We have everything we need, it's just labor now to cleanup and rebuild,
y wife is worried about the greenhouse, it needs to be covered by Nov
15th, but it needs repair first.
Thanks, Mikek

---

[...]

===

Sorry to hear about your damage but good to know that you are OK.
Everything else can be replaced in time.

---
http://www.avg.com

Tim Tim is offline

“I survived Michael“

That’s the main thing right there.

Glad you’re ok.

[...]

Not good news, but glad to hear there were no injuries or worse. Hope insurance will cover the boat.

Go, Michael, go... F.O.A.D. General 9 March 3rd 13 02:31 AM
boat survived the storm bob General 5 July 8th 12 11:26 PM
boat survived wf3h[_2_] General 16 September 3rd 11 04:30 AM
The storm you survived Joe ASA 19 May 12th 07 10:07 AM
Boat Survived Hurricane Charley? Networkin General 18 August 22nd 04 03:55 AM