Default Another busy day on the waterfront

On 10/9/2018 9:21 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/9/18 7:52 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/9/18 5:51 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/9/18 5:15 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2018 15:23:53 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 11:48:35 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Four cruise ships in today. Two big'uns at Pier 20 and 21 plus another
two at the extreme right of the scan.
https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/pier-21/

If and when there's a Disney Cruise out of Baltimore, heading that way,
we'll be on it. Actually,
we've been in touch with Danny Stewart to put on a Bluegrass Cruise out
of Baltimore up that way.
Those are fun. The last one was on Royal Caribbean out of Tampa. Don't
like flying to Tampa though.

What's wrong with flying to Tampa. That is usually a non-stop out of
DCA and it is a short ride to the cruise dock. It is certainly better
than Miami.

Baltimore is about an hour away from where Herring lives. About the same
for us. Easy drive, no muss, no fuss, no flying, no airport/airplane
hassles. We drive up to Baltimore frequently for dinner at some terrific
restaurants.

This one is really nice...great food, service, atmosphere...

https://is.gd/qoT4F6

If the weather is decent, we try to get seated in the courtyard behind
the restaurant. There are a number of interesting restaurants in that
neighborhood, so on-street parking can be a bitch.

Heck, if I want nice restaurants, I drive 5 minutes to downtown Pleasanton.

Baltimore has a lot of interesting restaurants. Where we live, there are
only a handful of good, locally owned eateries.

But drive an hour to a war zone?

Life must be really challenging for you right-wing trashmeisters. We've
been enjoying Baltimore and its surrounding areas for decades. We've
visited Greek, Italian, Uzbeki, Ukrainian, and Polish restaurants, and
lots of mostly seafood restaurants. Also attended many of the city's
ethnic festivals. Like most large cities, Baltimore has a crime problem,
but we don't go looking for it.

You avoid it at all costs would be a better statement.

You don't have to go "looking" for city crime. It finds you.

Bill Wrote in message:
Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

[...]

But drive an hour to a war zone? Saturday we went to San Francisco for
Fleet Week. Watched the Blue Angels spend tax dollars. Since you do not
pay taxes, should not matter to you cost. But since there was a 2 hour
wait for bar eating seating at one of our favorite places, House of Prime
Ribs, we went to the Buena Vista, great Irish Coffee and wife and I split a
crab melt and shrimp Louie salad,

Last month we spent a week at Foley Beach Alabama. Wouldn't want
to be there today. Heard a Kieth Urban Concert and made the 45
minute drive to N A S Pensacola to see a practice show. The only
thing missing was the opening ceramony. They just taxied out to
the runway and gave us a full hour of spectacular stunts and
formation flying.

There is now a female Angel. Do you know of she flew in your show?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

John H. Wrote in message:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. Another place scratched off my list.

It's been heard that mobsters come in with guns a blazeing where
Fat Harry dines.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

justan wrote:
Bill Wrote in message:
Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Do not know. Did not have the radio or app running.

wrote:

[...]

I suppose. I never really liked Baltimore that much. Maybe traffic got
better but it really used to suck trying to get around. Like you say,
parking might be an issue too.
Annapolis wasn't horrible and they had good restaurants there too.
I still was not really that interested in eating out. After spending
as much time on the road as I did, in places like New York and Chicago
with great restaurants within a short walk, driving very far to eat
just seemed silly. I got to the point that I would rather stay home
and cook something I liked. When you are at the grocery store with the
budget of even a cheap restaurant, you can buy some pretty nice food.

The only 'nice' area I've found in B'more is the inner harbor, which is a tourist trap.

===

We've been to a place called Bertha's Mussels a few times. It's
famous enough to be considered a tourist trap but it feels pretty
genuine, and have always enjoyed our meal.

One of the cool things about the inner harbor is the water taxi
service which runs a predetermined pick up and drop off route. It's
very convenient if you're visiting by boat and need a way to get
around.

We've always docked at the Anchorage Marina which appears to be in a
safe area. There is a nearby supermarket as well as a West Marine and
some good pubs, all within walking distance.

https://www.anchoragemarina.com/

wrote:

[...]

Well, those reports are either greatly exaggerated, or the mobsters in
question are lousy shots.

wrote:

[...]

That's a nice area, and not too far from the 'touristy' stuff. I'm sure you've been to the aquarium,
which is a great place to take kids - or older adults.