Default The New Puppy

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 05:26:39 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/7/2018 8:45 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 18:45:21 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/7/2018 4:03 PM, John H. wrote:
Adopted yesterday. Cute little Redbone coonhound. Named her 'Koko', which might be Navajo for
'coondog'.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and%20Dad.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d%20Sandy.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...o%20Sleeps.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ith%20Dad.jpeg

Adopting a dog is tiring work!

John, it may be my computer or server but I can't view any of your
pictures. When I try it goes to "waiting for photobucket" for
a long time then the attempt times out. I've tried several times
with the same results.

Could be me.

Try this

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Koko1.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Koko2.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/koko3.jpg

Thanks Greg. Cute pup John!

She would thank you, but she's still working on her typing skills.

11:49John H
"Absolutely. You wouldn't believe all the questions on the application. The home visit hasn't
occurred yet, but will be in the next week."

They don't mind placing a puppy with an old fart?
You'll be in your 90's by the time he matures into senior status.

wrote:

[...]

Make sure she studys her dictionary so she can be a gud spela for
Fat Harry.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

True North Wrote in message:

11:49John H
"Absolutely. You wouldn't believe all the questions on the application. The home visit hasn't
occurred yet, but will be in the next week."

They don't mind placing a puppy with an old fart?
You'll be in your 90's by the time he matures into senior status.

John's not a cocker spaniel type. He needs an active dog to help
keep him young and spry.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

On 10/7/2018 4:03 PM, John H. wrote:
Adopted yesterday. Cute little Redbone coonhound. Named her 'Koko', which might be Navajo for
'coondog'.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and%20Dad.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d%20Sandy.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...o%20Sleeps.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ith%20Dad.jpeg

Adopting a dog is tiring work!

John, it may be my computer or server but I can't view any of your
pictures. When I try it goes to "waiting for photobucket" for
a long time then the attempt times out. I've tried several times
with the same results.

Could be me.

Try this

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Koko1.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Koko2.jpg
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/koko3.jpg

Thanks, Greg. But how did you get to the pics?

Hey John, this morning I was able to see some of your pictures on
photobucket but they weren't the full sized images. I also saw other
pictures uploaded by someone other than you at the same links you
provided here. Weird.

John H. wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 19:32:17 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2018 16:03:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

Adopted yesterday. Cute little Redbone coonhound. Named her 'Koko',
which might be Navajo for
'coondog'.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and%20Dad.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d%20Sandy.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...o%20Sleeps.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ith%20Dad.jpeg

Adopting a dog is tiring work!

===

Did you have to go through a home visitation and reference checks?
Some friends of ours in FL did all that.

Absolutely. You wouldn't believe all the questions on the application.
The home visit hasn't
occurred yet, but will be in the next week.

For a Redbone, you may need a falling down porch. ’

wrote:

[...]

It was slow but it let me in. I was watching all the stuff that loads
on the way to getting there and it hit about 100 sites. I assume they
were trying to set cookies or sniffing mine. Since I have my browser
set up to erase cookies when I close the browser I doubt they got much
from me but I know some, like Amazon, are pretty persistent in spite
of my browser settings.
I could have clipped them from your facebook page but I got them from
the bucket.

wrote:

Adopted yesterday. Cute little Redbone coonhound. Named her 'Koko',
which might be Navajo for
'coondog'.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...and%20Dad.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...d%20Sandy.jpeg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...o%20Sleeps.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ith%20Dad.jpeg

Adopting a dog is tiring work!

===

Did you have to go through a home visitation and reference checks?
Some friends of ours in FL did all that.

Absolutely. You wouldn't believe all the questions on the application.
The home visit hasn't
occurred yet, but will be in the next week.

For a Redbone, you may need a falling down porch. ’

With a broken refrigerator on it and a guy with a banjo ... but we
digress. ;-)
I suspect John's redbone has been gentrified somewhat. He will know
when the first raccoon walks through his yard.
I imagine "treeing" cats will be fun for her too.
Deuce is a retriever, he brings me stuff that is totally uninjured but
a redbone is a hunting dog. Critters may get a little more banged up
if Koko grabs them.

wrote:

[...]

My black lab Buddy is like that. One of his toys a few years ago was a yellow soft rubber chicken that squeaked. When my wife brought it home I said that it wouldn't last 20 minutes. It finally fell apart from being baked in the sun. He could pick it up and bring it to you without it squeaking, and if I squeaked it he acted like I was hurting it. When I give him a treat or even a chunk of meat, he gently takes it in his mouth, walks out to the yard, spits it out unharmed, then looks around before he eats it.

He would have been a good bird dog, but he hates loud noises. I suspect that's why he was dumped in our neighborhood when he was about a year old.

wrote:

[...]

Deuce is gentle until he decides he is going to destroy something. He
has one of those rubber chickens he got almost a year ago and it still
squeaks but any kind of stuffed squeaker ends up being a pile of fuzz
on the floor pretty fast and he just carries the squeaker part around
playing a tune.
I call them land mines because that is what it seems like when you are
walking around trying to be quiet in the dark and step on one.

A Puppy named Kia Bob Crantz ASA 0 June 8th 06 08:55 PM
puppy aboard problem just me Cruising 7 January 8th 06 05:54 AM
See Ben, Larry, Dan, & Mary feed the Sick Puppy! [nt] Oci-One Kanubi General 0 October 16th 03 10:18 PM
water puppy GAZ Cruising 0 July 14th 03 01:16 AM