Default Geeze

I wish Collins would stop flapping her jaw and just announce
how she's going to vote.

On 10/5/2018 3:35 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish Collins would stop flapping her jaw and just announce
how she's going to vote.

Finally. Looks like she's going to vote yes.

But now she's going to spend another half hour or more covering her
ass to avoid being condemned by the "meetoo" movement.

Oooops ... thought she was finished there for a sec.
Nope ... now she's going on and on and on and on.

Politicians.

Yuck.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 15:43:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/5/2018 3:35 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish Collins would stop flapping her jaw and just announce
how she's going to vote.

Finally. Looks like she's going to vote yes.

But now she's going to spend another half hour or more covering her
ass to avoid being condemned by the "meetoo" movement.

Oooops ... thought she was finished there for a sec.
Nope ... now she's going on and on and on and on.

Politicians.

Yuck.

Do you think this is supposed to influence her vote?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4fccaf53000f

This is vote tampering, in my opinion.

On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 19:15:23 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 15:43:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 10/5/2018 3:35 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I wish Collins would stop flapping her jaw and just announce
how she's going to vote.

Finally. Looks like she's going to vote yes.

But now she's going to spend another half hour or more covering her
ass to avoid being condemned by the "meetoo" movement.

Oooops ... thought she was finished there for a sec.
Nope ... now she's going on and on and on and on.

Politicians.

Yuck.

Do you think this is supposed to influence her vote?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4fccaf53000f

This is vote tampering, in my opinion.

The thing that seemed to bother my wife and I the most is we have been
fighting for 2 weeks about this and we still have not heard a word
about what kind of judge Kavanaugh has been.
We assume he must be conservative because Trump picked him but are you
saying Trump knows what he is doing?
Why aren't we hearing about controversial decisions or statements he
made about his philosophy on the issues everyone fights about. We are
going to make this decision based on the dumbest thing a 17 year old
may or may not have done.

Only in America.

wrote:

[...]

Kavanaugh never sat on the bench as a trial judge. As for Ms. Collins,
apparently she has fired up at least a half dozen possible Dem opponents
for 2020. Maine is a tough nut for the Dems to crack, but...

Oh, the investigations and revelations about Kavanaugh will continue.

wrote:

[...]

That's utter BS. He most certainly sat on the bench as a trial judge. You are full of ****.

You don't know what you are talking about, again.

"President George W. Bush nominated Kavanaugh to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on July 25, 2003. Democratic senators accused him of being too partisan.

The Senate Judiciary Committee recommended he be confirmed on a 10–8 vote on May 11, 2006, he was confirmed by the Senate on May 26 by a vote of 57–36,
was sworn in June 1. He was the fourth judge nominated to the D.C. Circuit by Bush and confirmed. Kavanaugh began hearing cases on September 11 and had his formal investiture on September 27."

He's been a trial judge for what... 12 years? Idiot, harry is.

wrote:

[...]

There are dozens of decisions from the DC circuit court which would
have been far more relevant than this 36 year old groping allegation.
Why didn't anyone mention a single one of them?
I guess cable news watchers will watch stories of a drunken grope
easier than deciding if illegal aliens deserve free abortions. (Azar
v. Garza)

wrote:

[...]

The abortion case I recall involving Kavanaugh had to do with his doing
everything he could to prevent an abortion, and nothing, really, to do
with the young woman's citizenship status.

wrote:

[...]

The citizenship status was not part of the case. I agree he did fight
the abortion.
I would have respected the process more tho if this is what they had
have been arguing. The left also had a great gun case where Kavanaugh
backed Heller and dissented on an AWB.
It is not like they really needed to drag Dr Ford into it but the
press can't let a good sex story go and Dianne knows how to work the
press, whip up protests and promote other off topic bull****.
If they could not have found a way to link Trump Outrage, they would
be stuck arguing the usual issues. Guns and abortion.
For the record, I agree with Kavanaugh on the guns, disagree on
abortion. I think abortion should be a covered service under medicaid,
along with any birth control that the FDA approves.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 20:28:36 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

Oh, the investigations and revelations about Kavanaugh will continue.

Maybe by a few but once the final vote is taken today and Kavanaugh
is very likely confirmed most Dems will pull in their horns on this
and crank their gunsights onto a new subject .... like Trump's father's
tax returns from 60 years ago.

Mid terms are coming up, don'cha know?