Default Finally bagged a deer!

On 9/26/2018 7:00 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:41:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/25/2018 2:47 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 13:21:40 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:38:38 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Mr. Luddite
On 9/25/2018 10:32 AM, justan wrote:
John H. Wrote in message:
Went deer hunting down by Natural Bridge State Park. Wanted a trophy to mount in the RV. Found this
young buck in the park. It's now mounted in the rig. Looks good, eh?

http://tinyurl.com/yclxawu2

Url didn't work.

Worked ok for me. Do you have a google account? Seems John used google
to post picture.

Yes have a google acct and it didn’t come through for me either... but I saw it immediately after he had it mounted...

Maybe Greg will post it.

I couldn't see it either. (no google)

Check your email ...

This one was pretty cool too and we have not been able to duplicate
it. We found it in a house we rented in Michigan

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/michigan/P1020335.JPG

Here's the "two pointer" we had hanging in the pool cabana:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Lyrr.jpg

Oh no! Someone bagged a steer! Harry will be calling all kinds of names.

Ha. Don't know if still true but at one time there were more cattle
being raised in Florida than in Texas.

wrote:

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
Went deer hunting down by Natural Bridge State Park. Wanted a
trophy to mount in the RV. Found this
young buck in the park. It's now mounted in the rig. Looks
good, eh?

http://tinyurl.com/yclxawu2

Url didn't work.

Worked ok for me.Â* Do you have a google account?Â* Seems John
used google
to post picture.

Yes have a google acct and it didn’t come through for me
either...Â*Â*Â*Â* but I saw it immediately after he had it mounted...

Â*Â* http://gfretwell.com/ftp/michigan/P1020335.JPG

Here's the "two pointer" we had hanging in the pool cabana:

http://funkyimg.com/i/2Lyrr.jpg

Oh no! Someone bagged a steer! Harry will be calling all kinds of names.

Ha.Â* Don't know if still true but at one time there were more cattle
being raised in Florida than in Texas.

The horns we had hanging in the cabana were not something we sought for
a decoration or even wanted. They were given to us as a gift. My
mother had a younger sister in Florida who, with her husband, owned
and ran a cattle ranch. One year my mother ... who had MS .. decided
to visit with her sister for a couple of months. We had purchased a
golf cart that gave my mother a degree of mobility to ride around in
the backyard or up the driveway to visit us when she lived in the old
farmhouse at the end of our driveway. We decided that the golf cart
would be useful during her visit to Florida, so I loaded it in the bed
of my truck and delivered it on one of my many trips to Florida.

After her visit it became obvious to everyone, including my mother, that
her physical condition had deteriorated to the point where she needed
to move into an assisted living facility (actually a nursing home, but
they called it "assisted living" to avoid the "nursing home" stigma.)

I told her sister that if they wanted it, they could keep the golf cart
which they appreciated as it would be put to good use on the ranch.
On a subsequent visit up north, shortly before my mother passed away,
they arrived at our house with the steer horns, I guess as a reciprocal
gift for the golf cart. Couldn't really refuse them, so that's how they
ended up hanging in the cabana.

They thought they would look nice hanging over our fireplace in the main
living room of the house. My wife put the kibosh on that idea. :-)

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

It may still be true but a lot of them are "tax cows". They drop a few
off on a lot they are saving for development and keep them there until
the last minute to maintain the Ag exemption for real estate taxes. It
looks funny sometime to be driving through a built up commercial area
and come across a little 5-10 acre plot with a couple cows walking
around.
These days that is getting more rare because there isn't much
undeveloped property west of 75. We still have plenty of people on 5
acre "ranchettes" with a cow or two tho. You can also put out bee
hives or goats and I have a friend who planted a bunch of palm trees
and calls his spot a "tree farm".

wrote:

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

They would look great mounted on the front of the golf cart!

wrote:

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

One of my neighbors has horns like that on his riding mower.

wrote:

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 08:18:37 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 9/26/2018 7:32 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 9/26/2018 7:00 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 21:41:27 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 9/25/2018 7:34 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:58:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
[...]

Reminded me of a neighbor in Tampa. He had covered his entire front yard with river gravel. Then he
built a concrete pedestal about 3' in diameter and a foot high, which he painted green. On that he
placed his gas push mower, also painted the same shade of green.

I was very jealous, but my wife wouldn't let me do the same.

Damn.

Deer Mr. Luddite General 9 October 30th 14 12:35 AM
Deer Anonymous Remailer (austria) General 15 October 29th 14 09:08 PM
Deer Gordon Cruising 0 July 6th 10 01:22 AM
Oh deer! HK General 235 September 17th 07 05:31 AM
35s5 Not vacuum bagged! Bob Crantz ASA 2 January 9th 06 04:22 PM