Dennis

Default Honda 4 stoke Engine Problem

Honda 4 stoke Engine Problem

I have an older Honda 4 stroke Outboart engine - Long shaft for sailboats.
it is stuck in Reverse and I am trying to remove the lower unit does anyone
know how to release the lower shaft on this unit ? Or where I can get an
inexpensive manual on this motor ?

Most appreciative or any assistance.

Honda - 4 stoke
5.0 Electronic Ignition
engine # BF507272

Jack Rye

You can go to www.honda-marine.com and get a useless owners manual.
That will basically tell you to take the motor in for professional service.
Or you can buy a repair manual for Honda outboards 1979-99 at
http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/seloc/honda.html for 34.95 plus
shipping and handling. Or you can go to Iboats
http://www.boatmotors.com/manuals.html and get one of their manuals.

That's it from me. You may want to try your main library for repair
manuals. Or just go to Honda ask the Shop Forman for the manual and photo
copy the pages you need and get some tips from him.

Jack
"Dennis" wrote in message
Honda 4 stoke Engine Problem

I have an older Honda 4 stroke Outboart engine - Long shaft for

sailboats.
it is stuck in Reverse and I am trying to remove the lower unit does

anyone
know how to release the lower shaft on this unit ? Or where I can get an
inexpensive manual on this motor ?

Most appreciative or any assistance.

Honda - 4 stoke
5.0 Electronic Ignition
engine # BF507272

ROBMURR

Go to www.Iboats.com and on the far left
of the page is a boat motor forum. Engine
questions/solutions are there by engine type. They can help.