Default from the past...

Bill Wrote in message:
True North wrote:
On Sunday, 24 June 2018 13:18:28 UTC-3, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2018 08:22:34 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:

On Sunday, 24 June 2018 12:15:42 UTC-3, justan wrote:
True North Wrote in message:
Guy shows up at my door..seems vaguely familiar.
Turns out he's the guy who bought my Sandpiper 565 11 years ago.
Just wanted to tell me that he had it in storage for 8 years but spent
about $600.00 installing a lower axle on the trailer and now will be
using the boat. Invited me out on it for a sail. Quite decent of him.
The Sandpiper guys up here are a good sociable group..still holding
annual rendezvous event..either in Quebec, Ontario or in the Michigan
Great Lakes area. Surprising how many of the boats ended up below the border.

What is a lower axle?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Say what?
I thought y'all were some kind of handiman/fixit guy.
Quite often boats sit a bit too high on a trailer for easy
launch/recovery at low sloping ramps. One fix is to lower the axle so
the boat sits closer to the ground. Sometimes 4" can make a difference.
I'm sure there is more than one way to do this.

Lowering the axle, setting it under the leaf spring, raises the boat.
I bet you mean raising the axle, putting it over the leaf spring. It
is still a bad idea tho since you have reduced spring travel and all
of the load is on the U bolts.
I suppose you could also use smaller wheels but that comes with it's
problems too. The tires get hot faster.
I suppose that is why they make "tilt" trailers.

Just get a dropped axle. And Don, writing replacing the lower axle says
there are more than one axle and one is lower than the other. Before you
show ignorance by ?say what?, read and understand your post,

What is this...Dumb and Dumber time?
I said "spent about $600.00 installing a lower axle on the trailer".

Did you replace the lower axle or did you installed a lowered axle?
Reading and writing do not seem to be your strong suit.

You would think his bud Fat Harry would help Donnie with his English.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

A blast from the past. Tim General 0 April 25th 18 03:06 PM
Blasts from the past! Harry[_2_] General 8 March 3rd 10 09:05 PM
Boats of my past Frank Boettcher ASA 4 February 7th 06 05:35 PM
Another blast from the past John Cairns ASA 1 April 19th 05 10:01 AM
Yet another blast from the past John Cairns ASA 0 April 17th 05 09:58 PM