posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Boats of my past

Something on topic for a change.

Scanned two of the boats I've owned in the past

Only one shot (all I have left) of the Columbia Challenger 24 (Faux
Pas, sailing with picture looking at the stern). The rest of the
Columbia 8.7. Yard shots after refit and Imron job.

Now for the next boat...............What will it be?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bracki...=/327e&.src=ph

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Frank Boettcher wrote:

Something on topic for a change.

Scanned two of the boats I've owned in the past

Only one shot (all I have left) of the Columbia Challenger 24 (Faux
Pas, sailing with picture looking at the stern). The rest of the
Columbia 8.7. Yard shots after refit and Imron job.

Now for the next boat...............What will it be?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bracki...=/327e&.src=ph

Thanks Frank... great looking Columbia 8.7 there. A good
friend of mine has one of these, took it home with him &
kept it 3 years making it perfect. Yours looks great.

I'm in the process of going thru some old photos & putting
them on a newfangled external hard drive. Next step is to go
thru the shoeboxes & scan in another armload of them.

This is an old family photo, self explanatory I believe. My
grandfather is the second one from the left. 3 or 4 of these
old trophies sit proudly on my shelf today.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...35692614hWaGxO

This is the same kind of boat my family had in the 1960s and
early 1970s. I only have two pics of the actual boat, one
from very far away under sail and one out of the water with
a smaller me standing under the counter, in a shoebox somewhere.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...35692614UotRDA

I also recently converted some old home movies to DVD,
including some great footage of family sailing when I was a
kid. At some point I should pull up some stills.

Fresh BReezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:48:49 -0500, DSK wrote:

Frank Boettcher wrote:

[...]

Nice shots. What is the boat?

I regret I have no pictures (that I can find) of the first boat. It
was a wooden boat built by a local guy, a nice old man who had built
wooden boats all his life and was more or less phased out by the move
to GRP. 17' with a full trunk cabin and designed to use lightning
class sails. We had more fun on that boat than any other I've owned.

I also recently converted some old home movies to DVD,
including some great footage of family sailing when I was a
kid. At some point I should pull up some stills.

Fresh BReezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...35692614UotRDA

Frank Boettcher wrote:
Nice shots. What is the boat?

Thanks.

It's a Swedish built 'Kings Cruiser' but there are at least
three other types of boat called that. This one is based on
a 6 meter and had the doghouse added for headroom. We owned
#234 so it was fairly popular in it's day. Lovely boat and
fun to sail, as long as you remembered it's helm response
before entering close quarters.

I regret I have no pictures (that I can find) of the first boat. It
was a wooden boat built by a local guy, a nice old man who had built
wooden boats all his life and was more or less phased out by the move
to GRP. 17' with a full trunk cabin and designed to use lightning
class sails. We had more fun on that boat than any other I've owned.

Unfortunately that's often the way

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

DSK wrote:

This is the same kind of boat my family had in the 1960s and
early 1970s. I only have two pics of the actual boat, one
from very far away under sail and one out of the water with
a smaller me standing under the counter, in a shoebox somewhere.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...35692614UotRDA

That a fast looking boat Doug. What is it?

Joe