Default Revolting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArYLGNe-jCA

Makes me sick to my stomach.

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 07:29:10 -0400, John H.
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArYLGNe-jCA

Makes me sick to my stomach.

===

Yes, I feel the same way when we visit some remote beach in the
Bahamas and find it totally littered with plastic that has washed
ashore. They aren't the only ones, but commercial fisherman seem to
be among the worst based on the amount of polypropylene line and
netting that we find.

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArYLGNe-jCA

Makes me sick to my stomach.

===

Yes, I feel the same way when we visit some remote beach in the
Bahamas and find it totally littered with plastic that has washed
ashore. They aren't the only ones, but commercial fisherman seem to
be among the worst based on the amount of polypropylene line and
netting that we find.

I cannot understand why the lawmakers don't impose a large deposit requirement for plastic water
bottles. Some states have a small deposit, five cents, but I'm talking 25 cents or so. It wouldn't
seem too hard to put the store where purchased on a bar code or some damn thing. It's ridiculous.

On our last Disney cruise I saw a guy throw a beer can over the side from the deck below the one I
was on. He got very ****ed when I yelled at him. Young asshole.

wrote:

[...]

Lots of country’s do not recycle. Cabo Area is bad for plastic in the
desert.

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArYLGNe-jCA

Makes me sick to my stomach.

===

Yes, I feel the same way when we visit some remote beach in the
Bahamas and find it totally littered with plastic that has washed
ashore. They aren't the only ones, but commercial fisherman seem to
be among the worst based on the amount of polypropylene line and
netting that we find.

I cannot understand why the lawmakers don't impose a large deposit requirement for plastic water
bottles. Some states have a small deposit, five cents, but I'm talking 25 cents or so. It wouldn't
seem too hard to put the store where purchased on a bar code or some damn thing. It's ridiculous.

On our last Disney cruise I saw a guy throw a beer can over the side from the deck below the one I
was on. He got very ****ed when I yelled at him. Young asshole.

There was a discussion on the home repair NG recently and someone
pointed out the vast majority of this trash comes from 3d world ****
holes. Feel good things we do here will not change that. Do you really
think the deposit Disney paid for that can would keep the kid from
throwing it overboard?
I certainly agree we should be better about littering and I pick up
hundreds of pieces of trash every year from the water but most of it
really looks like it came off the side of the road by the crud on it.
Remember almost every storm drain or drainage ditch ends up flowing to
the sea.
Back when I was picking up trash in the Chesapeake, I have found stuff
marked Binghampton NY and Harrisburg Pa.

BTW the worst litterers I see on the water are those bark eating,
latte sipping kayakers. The biggest difference is they are not
throwing Busch light cans, it is Fiji water bottles.

wrote:

[...]

Maybe we could start a trend.

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

We don't really recycle in the US either. We collect and sort a lot of
stuff, at great public expense, then we truck it to the landfill with
the rest of the trash. More enlightened places burn it in a waste to
energy plant and get cheap electricity.

We have a huge cogeneration plant near Wesley. They even burn up old
fiberglass sailboats.

wrote:

[...]

We actually have boaters here stopping to pick up floating garbage in
the water on my river after they saw me doing it but based on the
"clean up days" on other waterways around here it is rare.
They always show big piles of crap they pick up on the other rivers
around here and most days you would have a hard time filling a
bathroom trash bag here. The only exceptions are after a hurricane but
that gets cleaned up pretty fast too.
This was just one trip for me after Irma, it took 3 before we really
had a handle on it
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Irma/Irma%2...om%20river.jpg

wrote:

[...]

You need a couple of 30 gallon metal trash cans. :-)

wrote:

[...]

I actually picked up that "Brute" in the picture and we found the top
a few days later. Everything isn't trash but about 99.9% is. Deuce has
2 fenders and he picked one up himself. That is one of his favorite
toys.