Default Flip Flop

On 5/27/2018 7:29 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 15:25:53 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

So, today Kim Jong Un says he's all for meeting with Trump and the
"complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Strange dude.

I suspect Trump has proposed a deal he can live with, along with the
South Koreans. They are still tuning it but there is a huge win-win
for both of them here. I still bet Kim still gets to keep a nuke or
two.
I have said, a more troubling thing for world trade might be South
Korean technology linked to virtual slave labor in the North. The
North would think it was great because they were far better paid
slaves. I doubt we see a lot more freedom right away, similar to China
and Vietnam but when you are in the dark, a candle is a bright light.

Unfortunately, if they can cut several grand off the cost of a Kia or
a few hundred off of a LG big screen, it will be hard to compete.
Samsung phones would get cheaper too and that is where the world is
going

I don't think the North Korean issue is going to be solved in a few
meetings. It's going to take many and time.

I heard a potential deal proposal that made sense to me. It consisted
of an incremental relaxation of sanctions as North Korea meets certain
negotiated milestones in terms of the verified shutdown of their nuke
and ballistic missile programs. Further relaxation of sanctions and
even financial and technical assistance in the improvement of conditions
in NK would follow as Kim agrees and implements programs and policies
that further peaceful co-existence with the South and other neighbors.

I read or heard somewhere that Kim was educated in the West. He may
have personal views and ideas for the future of NK that differ from
his father and grandfather.

wrote:

[...]

I just have to think about how fast the Soviets crumbled once the ball
started rolling down the hill. He has to start wondering how long he
can keep the big lie going. If Kim can get out in front of that he can
end up being the leader of a much richer country and that is usually
good.

On 5/27/2018 11:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 20:04:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Same thing happened in China as it's population became more aware of
the western world and how people lived largely due to sending
selected members of their population to the USA, Canada and other
western world countries for their advanced education. They were
initially looking to benefit from modern agricultural methods and
engineering technology but it began to backfire when the students
returned to China spreading wild stories about how the rest of the
world lived.

Chinese leadership was smart enough to know they couldn't keep the
masses in the dark forever without them eventually revolting so they
started opening up areas in China to some of the concepts of capitalism
and individual ownership of businesses. Started slowly in the 70's,
became more active in the 80's and look at China's economy today.

On 5/27/18 11:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 20:04:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Again, if there is a real deal, it will be negotiated between North and
South Korea. I don't believe Trump is a factor in that. I don't believe
Trump has what it takes to engage in serious negotiations. He doesn't
seem to think through benefits and costs, or engage in meaningful
compromises. He’s excellent at bluster but little else. He's a terrible
big league dealmaker. International politics isn't the same as making
flaky real estate deals.

On 5/28/2018 11:51 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 5/27/18 11:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 20:04:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

So, today Kim Jong Un says he's all for meeting with Trump and the
"complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

Strange dude.

I suspect Trump has proposed a deal he can live with, along with the
South Koreans. They are still tuning it but there is a huge win-win
for both of them here. I still bet Kim still gets to keep a nuke or
two.
I have said, a more troubling thing for world trade might be South
Korean technology linked to virtual slave labor in the North.Â* The
North would think it was great because they were far better paid
slaves. I doubt we see a lot more freedom right away, similar to China
and Vietnam but when you are in the dark, a candle is a bright light.

Unfortunately, if they can cut several grand off the cost of a Kia or
a few hundred off of a LG big screen, it will be hard to compete.
Samsung phones would get cheaper too and that is where the world is
going

I don't think the North Korean issue is going to be solved in a few
meetings.Â* It's going to take many and time.

I heard a potential deal proposal that made sense to me.Â* It consisted
of an incremental relaxation of sanctions as North Korea meets certain
negotiated milestones in terms of the verified shutdown of their nuke
and ballistic missile programs.Â* Further relaxation of sanctions and
even financial and technical assistance in the improvement of conditions
in NK would follow as Kim agrees and implements programs and policies
that further peaceful co-existence with the South and other neighbors.

I read or heard somewhere that Kim was educated in the West.Â* He may
[...]

Again you revert to insults of your President due to your clinging of
progressive liberal ideology. I think you should be careful because
someday you may be apologizing for most of your posts or making excuses
for them

Trump is a major factor in even getting North and South Korea talking.
He has been a major factor in getting global support of tough sanctions.
He's also a major factor in representing most of the nations on the
planet who would like to see peace and denuclearizing of the Korean
peninsula. So far, the talks between the South and the North have
been negotiations leading to a meeting by Trump.

I say, give him a chance. So far he's been doing a great job as POTUS.

On Mon, 28 May 2018 11:51:29 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 5/27/18 11:42 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2018 20:04:55 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It is just impossible for you to believe Trump can do anything.

Flip Flop Meyer General 40 February 24th 13 04:37 PM
Flip Flop Express Mike[_9_] ASA 1 July 14th 08 02:22 PM
Flip flop of the hour Mike[_9_] ASA 2 July 10th 08 02:45 AM
Rummys flip flop. Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 October 6th 04 07:11 PM
( OT ) FLip Flop on within hours Jim General 1 March 24th 04 01:05 AM