NOYB

Default OT--Economy Grows at Fastest Pace Since 1984

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Look at the numbers Gould:
http://www.house.gov/budget/msrslide4bgt071703.pdf

Why in the world would a Bush fan post that?! Especially to compare the
economic trends of the 90's with the economic trends so far in Bush's

stint?

To show you that the current deficit of 4.2% of GDP is less than that same
ratio at the end of the last recession. We both agree that the economy is
improving. The current GDP spike shows is is zooming. The projections for
the next few years show a clear trend towards a reduction in the "debt as
percentage of GDP ratio".

In other words, the ratio hit it's peak and will fall rapidly with increased
booms in GDP numbers.

NOYB

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Good. But since the note never really comes "due", the more ancestors I
leave, the easier it will be for them to pay it off. ;-)

The note's due now. What is the effect on the value of the dollar when so

many
of them are committed to the future?

It doesn't matter. Here's an example.
A certain percentage of my Collections goes to pay debt. In my case, it's
roughly 10%. In 1999, that same percentage was closer to 15%. This has
occurred despite the fact that my overall debt has increased 25% over that
same period Why? Because collections increased at a proportional rate.

If GDP goes up at a near-equal rate (over the longterm...not in one, two, or
three given years), then an increasing debt does no harm to the value of the
dollar.

(Some of)You guys on the right have the same attitude toward the national

debt
as you do the environment! "Let my kids and grandkids deal with it!" Ya

otta
be proud.

No comparison...the difference being that the environment and it's natural
resources aren't growing.

Doug Kanter

"Gould 0738" wrote in message

GDP is a deceptive figure anyway, as it includes the appreciation of

primary
residence real estate as some sort of actual wealth or economic

production.

Too abstract. You'd better use bigger crayons to explain this to the Homers.

JohnH

On 30 Oct 2003 15:55:47 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

NOYB:

I thought you guys on the right were business savvy.

Yeah, once you screw something up *tremendously*, it's easier to post some
pretty impressive percentage numbers as the rebound begins.

Example: Your practice is capable of handling 20 patients per day. You begin
spouting off about your politics while your victims (er, I mean patients) are
strapped into the chair with a mouth full of crap and unable to respond. Your
patient load drops from 20 per day to 5. You finally realize that dentistry and
politics don't mix, and shut the heck up. Your patient load goes from 5
patients per day to 8. Wo ho! Brilliant management! You just posted a 60%
increase. :-)

I once took over a sales situation where I achieved a 120% increase in less
than six months. But it wasn't any big deal, all I really did was get
production up to about where it should have been all along. That percentage
increase sure looked good on the resume for a while, though.

I guess we can all be thankful that one of our longer and deeper recessions may
be coming to an end in many places throughout the country. The West Coast is
seeing no part of it. You know it *must* have been the tax cuts. This is the
very first time that the economy *ever* recovered from a recession, right?

Get thou real, Doc. :-)

Meanwhile, back at the Crawford Ranch,
the R controlled White House and the R controlled Congress have increased our
national debt 43 BILLION DOLLARS since
October 1st. Why all the outrage about 87 billion for Iraq? We're peeing that
away as a matter of course every 60 days as it is.

It's all part of the PNAC's agenda to move to a British capital, imperialist
system.
We will have to raise interest rates to attract enough investors to shoulder
this debt, and at that time those few people sitting on hundreds of millions in
cash will be on easy (or easier) street.

Current
Month

10/27/2003 $6,847,911,183,949.94
10/24/2003 $6,847,437,986,849.37
10/23/2003 $6,846,423,952,526.25
10/22/2003 $6,834,787,133,873.25
10/21/2003 $6,837,578,313,166.46
10/20/2003 $6,834,248,759,903.16
10/17/2003 $6,834,021,912,939.72
10/16/2003 $6,830,709,313,106.40
10/15/2003 $6,819,991,274,100.25
10/14/2003 $6,816,232,489,123.39
10/10/2003 $6,815,997,835,664.82
10/09/2003 $6,818,335,215,910.51
10/08/2003 $6,815,762,633,308.91
10/07/2003 $6,817,256,800,753.20
10/06/2003 $6,814,440,215,107.91
10/03/2003 $6,812,573,929,325.08
10/02/2003 $6,805,599,570,918.78
10/01/2003 $6,804,504,127,055.70

If you guys keep this up, you'll give the American public a 7 Trillion dollar
debt just in time for Christmas. What a nice thought the have stuffed up your
chimney- tinsel, pointy star, and all.

Chuck, you should also point out that virtually all of this money supports only
the agenda of Republicans.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Joe

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
Percentage of debt to GDP.

Bow-gus!

Check out the graph on GDP to debt ratio.
http://www.ustreas.gov/press/release...2003charts.pdf

In billions of dollars:
1997 GDP: 8,318.4
2002 GDP: 10446.2

That's a nice 26.28% increase isn't it?
The national debt rose by 14.29% in the same period.

Gould 0738

To show you that the current deficit of 4.2% of GDP is less than that same
ratio at the end of the last recession.

Apple vs. Oranges

Still fruit but not the same thing.

The budget deficit, while a contributing factor to the accumulated national
debt, is not the same thing at all.

Even when we run a budget surplus, (you remember surpluses- I think the D's
were in charge back then), that doesn't automatically reduce the national debt.
Your debt only goes down if you use money left over after paying current
expenses (the surplus) to retire a portion of it. You can run a suplus and
still see an increase in the national debt, just as if you
earn more household income than you spend in a month but then turn around and
allow your mortgage company to defer your payments.

Budget deficit is like current income. National debt is more like net worth.

Here's a little more math for you. That family of five? Owes just over $114,000
worth of the national debt. There's comfort for ya. That's got to be a
signficant portion of the "average" family's net assets in the US. More than
for a good many, especially if you take a "purist" approach to calculating net
worth and eliminate equity in a primary residence.

Gould 0738

That's a nice 26.28% increase isn't it?
The national debt rose by 14.29% in the same period.

Nice dodge. Got a Chrysler to go with it?
Do the math and get back to us.

Compare the national debt to the GDP in 1997.

Compare the national dept to the GDP in 2002.

Post your findings he____________
Joe

Budget deficit is like current income. National debt is more like net
worth.

BINGO!

And our ratio is now lower than it was through the 90's. Our collective net
worth is much more important than the yearly deficit or surplus. In fact the
US went from a 80% debt ratio in 1950 to a low 20's ratio in 1980 with only
4 "surplus" years.

http://www.ustreas.gov/press/release...2003charts.pdf

JohnH

[...]

And my parents' kids are better off than they were. My kids are better off than
I was at there age. My grand kids will be better off than their parents. Of
course, we all worked.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Joe

Nice dodge. Got a Chrysler to go with it?
Do the math and get back to us.

Compare the national debt to the GDP in 1997.

Compare the national dept to the GDP in 2002.

Post your findings he____________

Since your having such a problem figuring this out-

(In millions)
Source-US Federal Government

1997
GDP 8,185,200