Tim Tim is offline

Default Hey John, I think I'll try this.

I ran across this simple recipe and thought I'd pass it along. Looks really good. almost no prep time. You might consider this for your next camping meeting. See what you think....

SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
PREP TIMEÂ*5 MINUTESÂ*COOK TIMEÂ*8 HOURS 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIMEÂ*8 HRS 15 MINSÂ*
SERVESÂ*8Â*Â* Â*Â*ADJUST SERVINGS

PLEASE NOTE: All slow cookers are different and some take longer/shorter than others. If your meat is not easily shredding after cooking, keep cooking it! It will get tender and easy to shred if it cooks long enough. If you double this recipe or use a larger roast, you will need to add cooking time as well.

INGREDIENTS

Â*2Â*cans (10.5 ounces each) condensed French Onion Soup
Â*1Â*can (10.5 ounces) Beef Consomme
Â*3-4Â*pounds beef chuck roast
Â*8Â*sandwich rolls
Â*8Â*slices provolone cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Pour the soup and consomme over the top.

2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

3. Remove 3 cups of the juice from the slow cookerrÂ*with a measuring cupÂ*or ladle and add to a small sauce pan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce to a hard simmer and let cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the beef to a pie plate and shred with a fork.

5. Place the sandwich rolls in a 9x13 pan and spoon meat into each roll. Top with provolone cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

6. Serve immediately with the sauce on the side for dipping.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 04:42:20 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

I ran across this simple recipe and thought I'd pass it along. Looks really good. almost no prep time. You might consider this for your next camping meeting. See what you think....

SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
PREP TIME*5 MINUTES*COOK TIME*8 HOURS 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME*8 HRS 15 MINS*
SERVES*8** **ADJUST SERVINGS

PLEASE NOTE: All slow cookers are different and some take longer/shorter than others. If your meat is not easily shredding after cooking, keep cooking it! It will get tender and easy to shred if it cooks long enough. If you double this recipe or use a larger roast, you will need to add cooking time as well.

INGREDIENTS

*2*cans (10.5 ounces each) condensed French Onion Soup
*1*can (10.5 ounces) Beef Consomme
*3-4*pounds beef chuck roast
*8*sandwich rolls
*8*slices provolone cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place the roast in a slow cooker. Pour the soup and consomme over the top.

2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

3. Remove 3 cups of the juice from the slow cookerr*with a measuring cup*or ladle and add to a small sauce pan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce to a hard simmer and let cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the beef to a pie plate and shred with a fork.

5. Place the sandwich rolls in a 9x13 pan and spoon meat into each roll. Top with provolone cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

6. Serve immediately with the sauce on the side for dipping.

Looks like it would be pretty good. I'd not make sandwiches, but mashed 'taters instead. Make gravy
from all the drippings. Might have to pick up a chuck roast from Costco and give it a shot.

Thanks.

Hope your sharing a recipe didn't **** off Don White. He likes Harry's guns and anti-Christian
rants, but not recipes!
Tim Tim is offline

le recipe and thought I'd pass it along. Looks really good. almost no prep time. You might consider this for your next
8:34 AMJohn H
Looks like it would be pretty good. I'd not make sandwiches, but mashed 'taters instead. Make gravy
from all the drippings. Might have to pick up a chuck roast from Costco and give it a shot.

Thanks.

Hope your sharing a recipe didn't **** off Don White. He likes Harry's guns and anti-Christian
rants, but not recipes!

Last evening I went to two stores and couldn’t find a 4# chuck roast. Most barely over 3# but I got it. Wife’s gonna throw it I. The crock pot today

No, I’m not into the sandwich thing either. I figured the liquid would make an excellent gravy stock as well.

Super simple too. Nothing to it.

On Thursday, 26 April 2018 10:34:40 UTC-3, John H wrote:
[...]

keep on instigating and agitating, JohnnyMop.
It's all y'all got!

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:27:18 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

[...]

Call Dr. Phil, he'll help you get over your agitation.

On 4/26/18 11:27 AM, True North wrote:
[...]

Eight hours of cooking for a greasy, high cholesterol sandwich? Crikey.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:15:52 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

[...]

Cholesterol is what they put in meat to make it taste good.
Stick with your tofu if that is what blows your skirt up but some of
us like real food.

Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Why would you say greasy? Get boneless chuck roast, trim excess fat and
after cooking all the extra fat will float on the surface. Easy to
remove. Maybe if you learned recipes like this you would not look like
the older Goodyear Blimps.

Saw one of the new models of the Goodyear airship last trip to Los Angeles.
I think they are now dirigibles, with a semi rigid frame. Skinnier,

[...]

You've never heard of pouring the fat off?

https://media.cdn.stockfood.com/wmpr...=/00234326.jpg

No wonder you're so fat.

True North Wrote in message:
[...]

John is a well rounded and talented individual. I'm sure it takes
almost no effort to agitate and instigate you.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/