Default On a positive boating related post.....

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 09:47:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

11:44 AMTrue North
On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 13:38:06 UTC-3, Tim wrote:

This is really cool..... I hope they find a green use for this
recycled material. There sure is going to be a LOT of it....

https://www.fastcompany.com/40560810...ut-to-set-sail

This could be another viable option if on a larger scale.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nBVL3lp9fGo

Those guys were here at the Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron demonstrating this process. Not sure if anyone bought test models.
,,,,,,,,

Don, I think it would follow under the “slow but sure” column. I guess it would work under the same principle as a swimming pool pump and filter. Sort of...

The problem is the amount that sinks to the bottom and collects on the
reefs or washes up on beaches. Most floating trash ends up sinking
pretty fast. That is why I never go by something floating without
stopping and picking it up. That may be our last chance to grab it.

wrote:

[...]

And before that floating trash bag covers the outboard water inlet. Been
there.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 20:25:23 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

[...]

Overheating your motor may be one of the least damaging things a bag
will do. If a turtle eats he, he will usually die.

wrote:

[...]

True. Not a lot of turtles hereabouts. A rare Leatherback is observed
sometimes.