Doug

Default Hey, I found a potential fix for....

Hey group!

I was doing some research for how to fix a leaky aluminum boat and thought
I'd share some of what I found!

http://www.aluminumrepair.com/aluminum_repair.htm

This stuff looks amazing and perfect for fixing leaks in aluminum! Ease of
use, no special tools or anything! Does anyone have any experience with
this stuff for an honest opinion?? I would think that this would work way
better then epoxy's , JB weld, and or silicone or any of that stuff.
Thought I'd get some opinions and thoughts before I order a couple pounds of
this stuff. It's a bit expensive but looks worth it I think. Hopefully
this might help a few others too a long the way with the same Aluminum woes
as myself.

Regards,

Doug

P.S.
Check out the movie link on the top right, its pretty neat, they fix a
gaping hole in a pop can and it's stronger then original.

Tamaroak

Ihad a leaky gas guage at the top of my alluminum tank that three
marinas couldn't fix. I mixed up a great big batch of Marine-Tex and put
it on top of the thing and it has worked lake a charm. It looks like
someone took a crap on it. What a lousy way to fix something, but after
a while, gasoline in the bilge will cause one to lower some of your
standards.

I don't see why it wouldn't work to fix a hole in an aluminum boat.

Capt. Jeff

Osama Found Hanged JGK Cruising 0 July 24th 04 03:46 AM
Tucson men's boat found adrift in gulf Renegade General 1 October 31st 03 03:49 PM
Bobsprit found washed up on beach dead Simple Simon ASA 12 July 13th 03 05:59 PM