Default Plowing water?

No, he's not plowing water. During a storm like the one we just had the
ocean throws rocks the size of basketballs (and bigger) onto the roads.
They plow to ensure emergency vehicles can pass.

Here's an image of a truck plowing rocks ....

https://tinyurl.com/ya8k828v

and here's one a couple of seconds later as he disappears:

https://tinyurl.com/yafaot6p

On Sun, 4 Mar 2018 10:06:42 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

No, he's not plowing water. During a storm like the one we just had the
ocean throws rocks the size of basketballs (and bigger) onto the roads.
They plow to ensure emergency vehicles can pass.

Here's an image of a truck plowing rocks ....

https://tinyurl.com/ya8k828v

and here's one a couple of seconds later as he disappears:

https://tinyurl.com/yafaot6p

Doesn't look like a fun job.

wrote:

No, he's not plowing water. During a storm like the one we just had the
ocean throws rocks the size of basketballs (and bigger) onto the roads.
They plow to ensure emergency vehicles can pass.

Here's an image of a truck plowing rocks ....

https://tinyurl.com/ya8k828v

and here's one a couple of seconds later as he disappears:

https://tinyurl.com/yafaot6p

===

The Weather Underground web site has an impressive wave picture from
near you:

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/winter-storm-riley-kills-7-knocks-out-power-2-million

It's hard to believe that those houses will survive.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

No, he's not plowing water. During a storm like the one we just had the
ocean throws rocks the size of basketballs (and bigger) onto the roads.
They plow to ensure emergency vehicles can pass.

Here's an image of a truck plowing rocks ....

https://tinyurl.com/ya8k828v

and here's one a couple of seconds later as he disappears:

https://tinyurl.com/yafaot6p

===

The Weather Underground web site has an impressive wave picture from
near you:

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/winter-storm-riley-kills-7-knocks-out-power-2-million

It's hard to believe that those houses will survive.

It looks like that wave actually hit the seawall and splashed up over
the house. Add another few feet to that water level and have that wave
hit the house directly and it will be inland a ways. That is still
some pretty scary stuff. I assume they bugged out before the storm
hit.
Without the seawalls (or when the static water level is over the
seawall) you end up with something like this.
http://gfretwell.com/electrical/art....house.irpt.jpg
It also demonstrates what a building code can do.

wrote:

[...]

That picture looks a lot like the fishing shanties that were along US90
after hurricane Betsy hit NoLo in 1965.

Fresh water from salt water. Gregory Hall ASA 1 August 14th 07 02:47 AM
Sea Plowing Joe ASA 1 March 31st 05 05:33 AM
Salt Water V. Fresh Water [email protected] General 11 July 25th 04 06:43 AM
Fresh-water flushing a raw water system? Jeffrey P. Vasquez Cruising 24 January 28th 04 12:19 AM
Ford 351 OMC Taking on Water (Water in oil) DMU General 17 October 19th 03 03:25 AM