Default Hey Luddite!

Which model Cayenne did you have? I just picked up an "S" model with the 400hp V8. Other than the hit I'm taking on gas mileage, I'm liking it so far. Good that my commute is short.

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

Which model Cayenne did you have? I just picked up an "S" model with the 400hp V8. Other than the hit I'm taking on gas mileage, I'm liking it so far. Good that my commute is short.

Never had a Cayenne. Only Porsche I had was a 2002 911/996 twin turbo.
450 hp, six speed. Looked like the pic in the link.

Had a friend who had a 2002 Cayenne. Nice car, typical of Porsche. His
only complaint was how quickly it wore out the OEM tires. Sticky and gooey.

https://13252-presscdn-0-94-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5a53c3fb9568e_IMG_7205-940x598.jpg

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:45:44 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

Which model Cayenne did you have? I just picked up an "S" model with the 400hp V8. Other than the hit I'm taking on gas mileage, I'm liking it so far. Good that my commute is short.

Never had a Cayenne. Only Porsche I had was a 2002 911/996 twin turbo.
450 hp, six speed. Looked like the pic in the link.

Had a friend who had a 2002 Cayenne. Nice car, typical of Porsche. His
only complaint was how quickly it wore out the OEM tires. Sticky and gooey.

https://13252-presscdn-0-94-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5a53c3fb9568e_IMG_7205-940x598.jpg

Hmm... don't know why I had it in my head that you'd owned one. I do remember the 996.

Yeah, on the Porsche forums they call the Cayenne the PIG. One guy wrote that they love three things... gas, tires and brakes. Typical of Porsche, it does handle really well. I suspect tossing around 4800lbs has something to do with that tire wear. Actually, all three things when you think about it.

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

[...]

The guy I knew (it was in Florida) who had one had to get new tires at
about 16k miles. He replaced the originals with ones that were a little
harder and longer lasting. You really only need the ones they come with
if you intend to drive it to it's full capability.

Between my wife and I we had several BMW's including an X5 that she had.
I replaced a BMW M5 with the Porsche after having a lot of problems with
the BMW software.

The 911/996 had the flat 6 engine but it was water cooled. Also, all
wheel drive that solved the tail passing you on powered turns tendency.
Mine had the X50 option which raised the hp from 415 to 450.

It wasn't all that bad on gas when driven in a civil manner. I used to
get anywhere from 18 to 22 mpg.

On Tuesday, 6 February 2018 14:45:44 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

Which model Cayenne did you have? I just picked up an "S" model with the 400hp V8. Other than the hit I'm taking on gas mileage, I'm liking it so far. Good that my commute is short.

Never had a Cayenne. Only Porsche I had was a 2002 911/996 twin turbo.
450 hp, six speed. Looked like the pic in the link.

Had a friend who had a 2002 Cayenne. Nice car, typical of Porsche. His
only complaint was how quickly it wore out the OEM tires. Sticky and gooey.

https://13252-presscdn-0-94-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5a53c3fb9568e_IMG_7205-940x598.jpg

This afternoon I ran into a former sailor and now powerboater (18' bowrider) who I see occasionally while walking our Springer Spaniel at the park. She's an anesthesiologist who has dropped down to part-time at a local hospital. Anyway, she has a Porsche Cayenne with a diesel. Last time I saw her she told me a crazy tale of leaving her auto at a local body mechanic's home to have a bit of work and a paint job. (he also works doing same at a local dealership) He got into a tuffle with an x girlfriend and while he was away on vacation, the jealous woman went to his place and trashed anything she could...including my friend's Cayenne. We didn't have a chance to get into details but she said all was well with the vehicle now. Her insurance company had sent out a tow truck to take immediate possession of the vehicle to fix it up.

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

[...]

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that she's expecting a rebate and a choice of keeping the vehicle or selling it back to the company...similar to the VW deal.

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

[...]

Could have been worse:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/porsche-pummeled-corvettes-crushed-philippines-duterte-shows-hes-111048061--sector.html

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

[...]

That not a crazy tale - it's bull****. Porsche would have zero
responsibility for a car left in the hands of a local mechanic's home.
I'm amazed how much you believe everything you hear - from salespeople,
Harry Krause, and now acquaintances.

On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

[...]

He proved his point.

What are you blathering about, Ditzy?
The body damage had nothing to do with Porsche......as far as I know her insurance company got involved and straightened out the damage done by the jealous woman. Do try to keep up!

Yo Luddite! John H[_2_] General 12 December 17th 17 05:22 AM
Yo Luddite! John H.[_5_] General 15 January 24th 16 10:01 PM
luddite Justan Olphat General 0 June 27th 15 03:05 AM
Yo Luddite John H[_2_] General 2 October 10th 13 01:13 AM