Its Me Its Me is offline

Default Hey Luddite!

On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:45:44 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/6/2018 1:14 PM, Its Me wrote:

Which model Cayenne did you have? I just picked up an "S" model with the 400hp V8. Other than the hit I'm taking on gas mileage, I'm liking it so far. Good that my commute is short.

Never had a Cayenne. Only Porsche I had was a 2002 911/996 twin turbo.
450 hp, six speed. Looked like the pic in the link.

Had a friend who had a 2002 Cayenne. Nice car, typical of Porsche. His
only complaint was how quickly it wore out the OEM tires. Sticky and gooey.

https://13252-presscdn-0-94-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5a53c3fb9568e_IMG_7205-940x598.jpg

Hmm... don't know why I had it in my head that you'd owned one. I do remember the 996.

Yeah, on the Porsche forums they call the Cayenne the PIG. One guy wrote that they love three things... gas, tires and brakes. Typical of Porsche, it does handle really well. I suspect tossing around 4800lbs has something to do with that tire wear. Actually, all three things when you think about it.