Default SOTU

What an uplifting speech, eh? I got a kick out of Madame Pelosi's
pickle face and the Chuckster's slouching in his chair. What a
bunch of babies their section of the audience was. They can't
seem to handle positive leadership.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On 1/31/2018 6:34 AM, justan wrote:

What an uplifting speech, eh? I got a kick out of Madame Pelosi's
pickle face and the Chuckster's slouching in his chair. What a
bunch of babies their section of the audience was. They can't
seem to handle positive leadership.

And the glares of Cory Booker and Luis Gutierrez.

Pelosi couldn't focus on what was being said. She was too busy
squirming around, looking at others as if trying to judge which
way the wind was blowing.

Yeah. Many of the Democrats looked like absolute fools.

I watched some of MSNBC's analysis after. They had a Democrat
congressman who had invited a DOCA "Dreamer" as his guest.
The Dreamer was asked what he thought of the President's speech.
He's comments were a wish list for *exactly* what Trump had said.

The congressman was visibly nervous because the Dreamer was blowing
the whole reason he had invited him and went on to rant about how
Trump's goal to limit the number of "chain migration" candidates and
move to a merit based immigration system was anti-American.

Best line by Trump: "Americans are Dreamers too."

On 1/31/18 6:57 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2018 6:34 AM, justan wrote:

What an uplifting speech, eh? I got a kick out of Madame Pelosi's
Â* pickle face and the Chuckster's slouching in his chair. What a
Â* bunch of babies their section of the audience was. They can't
Â* seem to handle positive leadership.

And the glares of Cory Booker and Luis Gutierrez.

Pelosi couldn't focus on what was being said.Â* She was too busy
squirming around, looking at others as if trying to judge which
way the wind was blowing.

Yeah.Â* Many of the Democrats looked like absolute fools.

I watched some of MSNBC's analysis after.Â* They had a Democrat
congressman who had invited a DOCA "Dreamer" as his guest.
The Dreamer was asked what he thought of the President's speech.
He's comments were a wish list for *exactly* what Trump had said.

The congressman was visibly nervous because the Dreamer was blowing
the whole reason he had invited him and went on to rant about how
Trump's goal to limit the number of "chain migration" candidates and
move to a merit based immigration system was anti-American.

Best line by Trump:Â* "Americans are Dreamers too."

I instead watched the movie "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and two episodes
of National Geo's "Life Below Zero," about survivalists scratching out a
living in Alaska. I did watch Joe Kennedy III's rebuttal to Trump's "me,
me, me" speech. Tinker Tailor is a great genre movie.

Read as much of the transcript of Trump's SOTU as I could tolerate
without upchucking. Thought it was funny how he tried to claim he was a
united, thought it sad he had so little to say about the opioid crisis,
thought it was funny he was praising coal, considering how much that
product contributes to air pollution, thought his comments on North
Korea were disgusting, and his comments about immigrants were hateful
and way, way off base. Didn't notice whether he mentioned the threats
from Russia.

Not an uplifting SOTU.

On 1/31/2018 7:50 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

So, you, Maxine and a few others had better things to do, huh? Maybe
she watch "Tinker Tailor" also. You could share your impressions with
each other.

I also watched Joe Kennedy III's rebuttal. Don't know much about him
but he seems to be a sincere young guy with Kennedy DNA but obviously
following the current ideology and instructions of his party. What
struck me more though was how amateur hour the presentation of his
speech was, especially following the SOTU speech by Trump. Standing on
a temporary podium in front of a small but well programmed audience
sitting on folding chairs. They would erupt in applause for almost
every other word Kennedy uttered. Looked like it took place in the
gymnasium of a vocational school in Fall River with a car with the hood
open in the background.

Point is ... I think the Democrats really blew it big time by selecting
him in this setting to deliver a rebuttal to the SOTU speech. It sorta
looked like a high school mock SOTU speech or something. They really
should have selected someone more well known and have it done in a more
appropriate setting. Again, the Dems appear to be on a rowboat without
oars. Nothing they do or say makes any sense.

[...]

BTW, I think his speech was very good but probably was not the greatest
SOTU address in history. It highlighted things that probably are not
important to you, like traditional patriotism and pride in being an
American. These are cornerstones of his presidency and antithetical to
the current Democratic dogma.

BTW, I think you miss a lot by only reading transcripts. Reminds me of
the Nixon/Kennedy debate when those who saw it on TV thought Kennedy won
and those who listened on the radio thought Nixon won.

Either way, you just stuck your head in the sand again and missed a very
decent delivery by Trump. You also missed seeing many members of your
party making complete fools of themselves. It was very interesting to
watch.

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:26:49 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

As they all do, Trump as POTUS in his SOTU made some very generic, feel-good statements that no one could have a problem with. Anyone with any sense at all would find the statements positive. The Dems sat on their hands with scowls on their faces. They were acting like spoiled brat children.

On 1/31/2018 9:19 AM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I truly believe that what we are witnessing is a form of long term shell
shock (now-a-days called PTSD) suffered by most of the members of the
Democratic Party and of the progressive left political media pundits.
They were so sure that Hillary would be sitting in the Oval Office right
now ... right up to about 10 pm on Nov. 8th, 2016 when their giddiness
turned to dismay. The shock and reactions they exhibited that night
tells the whole story and they still haven't been able to get over it.

On 1/31/18 9:34 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2018 9:19 AM, Its Me wrote:
On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 8:26:49 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2018 7:50 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 1/31/18 6:57 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2018 6:34 AM, justan wrote:

What an uplifting speech, eh? I got a kick out of Madame Pelosi's
Â*Â* pickle face and the Chuckster's slouching in his chair. What a
Â*Â* bunch of babies their section of the audience was. They can't
Â*Â* seem to handle positive leadership.

[...]

SOTU address in history.Â* It highlighted things that probably are not
important to you, like traditional patriotism and pride in being an
American. These are cornerstones of his presidency and antithetical to
the current Democratic dogma.

BTW, I think you miss a lot by only reading transcripts.Â* Reminds me of
the Nixon/Kennedy debate when those who saw it on TV thought Kennedy won
and those who listened on the radio thought Nixon won.

Either way, you just stuck your head in the sand again and missed a very
decent delivery by Trump.Â* You also missed seeing many members of your
party making complete fools of themselves.Â* It was very interesting to
watch.

As they all do, Trump as POTUS in his SOTU made some very generic,
feel-good statements that no one could have a problem with.Â* Anyone
with any sense at all would find the statements positive.Â* The Dems
sat on their hands with scowls on their faces.Â* They were acting like
spoiled brat children.

I truly believe that what we are witnessing is a form of long term shell
shock (now-a-days called PTSD) suffered by most of the members of the
Democratic Party and of the progressive left political media pundits.
They were so sure that Hillary would be sitting in the Oval Office right
now ... right up to about 10 pm on Nov. 8th, 2016 when their giddiness
turned to dismay.Â* The shock and reactions they exhibited that night
tells the whole story and they still haven't been able to get over it.

Your boy Trump is a divisive, hate-filled, ignorant, intellectually
lazy, misogynistic, xenophobic, racist pig. My disdain for him has
nothing to do with Clinton's electoral college loss.

Frankly, you remind me of some of those Jesus-freak evangelists I'd
sometimes encounter at social gatherings down south. When they found out
you weren't one of them, they'd double-down on attempts to convince you
to see their way, as if encountering people who believed otherwise or
not at all in religion, Jesus, god, whatever...was a threat to them
and had the possibility of raising serious doubts in what passed for
their minds.

Hey, we need more nuclear weapons and an increase in defense spending,
right, because our infrastructure is falling apart, Trump has no
workable plan to improve it, tens of thousands are dying of opioid
abuse, the country is full of mentally ill, native-born white men who
shoot up schools, the environment doesn't need protection, and the 10%
of Americans who own 80% of corporate shares need more money. I get it.
Tim Tim is offline

Keyser Soze
Your boy Trump is a divisive, hate-filled, ignorant, intellectually
lazy, misogynistic, xenophobic, racist pig....

Hey, we need more nuclear weapons and an increase in defense spending,
right, because our infrastructure is falling apart, Trump has no
workable plan to improve it, tens of thousands are dying of opioid
abuse, the country is full of mentally ill, native-born white men who
shoot up schools, the environment doesn't need protection, and the 10%
of Americans who own 80% of corporate shares need more money. I get it.
——

Harry, that’s one of the most cynical comments I’ve heard you make this year. But , it’s still January though, so I’m sure there’ll b plenty more to come

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 10:03:25 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

Heh, heh. There is little doubt you're going to have a massive stroke one morning sitting on the throne grunting one out.