Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default SOTU

On 1/31/18 6:57 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/31/2018 6:34 AM, justan wrote:

What an uplifting speech, eh? I got a kick out of Madame Pelosi's
Â* pickle face and the Chuckster's slouching in his chair. What a
Â* bunch of babies their section of the audience was. They can't
Â* seem to handle positive leadership.

And the glares of Cory Booker and Luis Gutierrez.

Pelosi couldn't focus on what was being said.Â* She was too busy
squirming around, looking at others as if trying to judge which
way the wind was blowing.

Yeah.Â* Many of the Democrats looked like absolute fools.

I watched some of MSNBC's analysis after.Â* They had a Democrat
congressman who had invited a DOCA "Dreamer" as his guest.
The Dreamer was asked what he thought of the President's speech.
He's comments were a wish list for *exactly* what Trump had said.

The congressman was visibly nervous because the Dreamer was blowing
the whole reason he had invited him and went on to rant about how
Trump's goal to limit the number of "chain migration" candidates and
move to a merit based immigration system was anti-American.

Best line by Trump:Â* "Americans are Dreamers too."

I instead watched the movie "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and two episodes
of National Geo's "Life Below Zero," about survivalists scratching out a
living in Alaska. I did watch Joe Kennedy III's rebuttal to Trump's "me,
me, me" speech. Tinker Tailor is a great genre movie.

Read as much of the transcript of Trump's SOTU as I could tolerate
without upchucking. Thought it was funny how he tried to claim he was a
united, thought it sad he had so little to say about the opioid crisis,
thought it was funny he was praising coal, considering how much that
product contributes to air pollution, thought his comments on North
Korea were disgusting, and his comments about immigrants were hateful
and way, way off base. Didn't notice whether he mentioned the threats
from Russia.

Not an uplifting SOTU.