Default Quiz question.

On 1/28/2018 4:30 PM, justan wrote:
justan Wrote in message:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/28/2018 3:00 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:56 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:23:56 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
No cheating using Google:

Of all the flags/pennants flown on US Navy ships which is the *only* one
that is flown *above* the Stars and Stripes?

Diver Down!

Good guess but:

Bong! Wrong!

Hint: Rule does not apply anywhere except on a US Navy ship. Does not
apply at land based buildings, etc.

Wanna bet? :-)

Hint: on a particular building in the big apple.

The flag/pennant I am referring to has nothing to do with the big apple.

justan Wrote in message:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/28/2018 3:00 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:56 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:23:56 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
No cheating using Google:

Of all the flags/pennants flown on US Navy ships which is the
*only* one
that is flown *above* the Stars and Stripes?

Diver Down!

Good guess but:

Bong!Â* Wrong!

Hint:Â* Rule does not apply anywhere except on a US Navy ship.Â* Does not
apply at land based buildings, etc.

Wanna bet? :-)

Hint: on a particular building in the big apple.

The flag/pennant I am referring to has nothing to do with the big apple.

You all want another hint?

justan Wrote in message:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/28/2018 3:00 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:56 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:23:56 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
No cheating using Google:

Of all the flags/pennants flown on US Navy ships which is the
*only* one
that is flown *above* the Stars and Stripes?

Diver Down!

Good guess but:

Bong!Â* Wrong!

Hint:Â* Rule does not apply anywhere except on a US Navy ship.Â* Does not
apply at land based buildings, etc.

Wanna bet? :-)

Hint: on a particular building in the big apple.

The flag/pennant I am referring to has nothing to do with the big apple.

You all want another hint?

I do not know but I might guess a quarantine flag or a "bravo" during
live fire exercises

justan Wrote in message:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 1/28/2018 3:00 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/28/2018 2:56 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:23:56 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
No cheating using Google:

Of all the flags/pennants flown on US Navy ships which is the
*only* one
that is flown *above* the Stars and Stripes?

Diver Down!

Good guess but:

Bong!Â* Wrong!

Hint:Â* Rule does not apply anywhere except on a US Navy ship.Â* Does not
apply at land based buildings, etc.

Wanna bet? :-)

Hint: on a particular building in the big apple.

The flag/pennant I am referring to has nothing to do with the big apple.

You all want another hint?

I do not know but I might guess a quarantine flag or a "bravo" during
live fire exercises

"Nomen" googled it and spoiled the fun.

The Christian, Jewish or Muslim flag pendants are the only ones
authorized by the US Flag Code to be flown above the "Colors" and only
on Navy ships when church services are being conducted on board.

I was reading that this part of the code has been challenged by those
obsessed with separation of church and state but it takes a hell of a
lot to change Navy tradition.

I remember it being flown on Sunday mornings while at sea. Only time
anything flow above the ensign.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2018 18:11:24 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I do not know but I might guess a quarantine flag or a "bravo" during
live fire exercises

"Nomen" googled it and spoiled the fun.

The Christian, Jewish or Muslim flag pendants are the only ones
authorized by the US Flag Code to be flown above the "Colors" and only
on Navy ships when church services are being conducted on board.

I was reading that this part of the code has been challenged by those
obsessed with separation of church and state but it takes a hell of a
lot to change Navy tradition.

I remember it being flown on Sunday mornings while at sea. Only time
anything flow above the ensign.

We never had a chaplain on the CG cutters I was on so I suppose I
never saw that. I don't remember and services either. I do know we
flew bravo when we were shooting but I didn't really pay any attention
to where it was. That was for the deck apes to deal with ;-)
I did think it was funny that we had this little red flag and we might
be lobbing 5" shells out 10,000-12.000 yards.
You would need real good optics to see it where the 50 cal was
landing.

wrote:

[...]

===

Code flags, like Bravo, are generally flown from the starboard
spreader (yardarm), at least on yachts.

---
http://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

That is probably right but I never looked up. ;-)

Here's a little quiz... Keyser Söze General 4 May 25th 15 03:24 AM
A little quiz ESAD General 2 December 18th 12 01:48 PM
quiz Scout ASA 3 October 29th 06 05:40 PM
quiz Jeff ASA 0 June 14th 06 09:55 PM
Try this quiz. Capt. Neal® ASA 0 November 27th 04 08:04 PM