Default From the guy who invented "progressive" as a political entity

http://imgbox.com/YBZRIzV0

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:20:20 -0500, wrote:

http://imgbox.com/YBZRIzV0

Another racist?

I think another progressive had some good ideas also:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c43510...migration-sotu

On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 5:37:32 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:20:20 -0500, wrote:

http://imgbox.com/YBZRIzV0

Another racist?

I think another progressive had some good ideas also:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c43510...migration-sotu

That deserves the transcript.

Bill Clinton:
"All Americans, not only in the States most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

Hmmm, I never knew Bill Clinton was a racist.

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:12:59 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

[...]

I know a bunch of legal latino construction and now landscape people
from the country club business and they are more ****ed at illegals
than most anglos because they are the ones losing the work. A green
card guy has to pay taxes and companies who hire them do not follow
the rules. They do not want to compete with an illegal who doesn't pay
taxes so he can get less money and because of the fear of being ratted
out, the bosses can make them work in unsafe conditions, not have
workman's comp etc.
That may be why illegals are not as big a problem here as they are in
other places. Other latinos turn in the companies who hire illegals
(or at least the ones who are not playing by the rules).
I am sure there are plenty who are technically illegal but they are on
the books and they pass E-verify/I-9.