Default For Harry ...

Just so you can relax, the Trump administration did the right thing:

"The American Forces Network, which broadcasts American radio and
television programming outside the U.S. and uses civilian government
employees, initially said its services would not be available, sparking
angry reactions from viewers eager to see the NFL playoffs Sunday.
Later, though, the Department of Defense said even though the civilian
employees were furloughed two of AFN's eight channels, one for news and
one for sports, would remain on."

Maybe Trump and Mattis read rec.boats. :-)

On 1/21/2018 8:31 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just so you can relax, the Trump administration did the right thing:

"The American Forces Network, which broadcasts American radio and
television programming outside the U.S. and uses civilian government
employees, initially said its services would not be available, sparking
angry reactions from viewers eager to see the NFL playoffs Sunday.
Later, though, the Department of Defense said even though the civilian
employees were furloughed two of AFN's eight channels, one for news and
one for sports, would remain on."

Maybe Trump and Mattis read rec.boats.Â* :-)

Here's the official announcement:

AFN American Forces Network

To the world's most deserving viewing audience,

It gives me great pleasure to announce we have been given the authority
to bring back limited television services. As such, we have brought back
two channels -- AFN News and AFN Sports. We will be broadcasting both
the NFC and AFC championships. I thank you for your patience as we work
to provide you what we can within the legal restrictions of the
Government shutdown.

Col Dave Honchul
Director, AFN

On 1/21/18 8:31 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Just so you can relax, the Trump administration did the right thing:

"The American Forces Network, which broadcasts American radio and
television programming outside the U.S. and uses civilian government
employees, initially said its services would not be available, sparking
angry reactions from viewers eager to see the NFL playoffs Sunday.
Later, though, the Department of Defense said even though the civilian
employees were furloughed two of AFN's eight channels, one for news and
one for sports, would remain on."

Maybe Trump and Mattis read rec.boats.Â* :-)

Maybe Mattis read it aloud to Trump. Trump doesn't read.

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 20:36:57 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Wonder how many channels they have now? When I was there it was only one.

On 1/22/2018 8:26 AM, John H wrote:
[...]

I read that normally they have eight channels. I never saw any of this
when I was "in". It's beamed via satellite and even the Navy ships at
sea can get it for off duty personnel between work details or watches.

Our biggest event underway was an occasional "Holiday Routine", usually
held on Sunday afternoons. The cooks set up barbecue pits on the small
helicopter flight deck and cooked burgers, hot dogs and sometimes
steaks. If it was in the summer and the seas weren't rough the Captain
might call "Swim Call". Members of the duty section would man the rail
with rifles, watching for sharks and the rest of us jumped off the ship
wherever we could find an open space.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

When we were in Majorca some years ago, the best radio station for music
was the AFN station.

got something to say harry? JustWaitAFrekinMinute General 12 January 29th 13 06:08 PM
YO! HARRY! John H.[_3_] General 102 March 1st 08 06:37 PM
Yo Harry John H. General 3 December 21st 07 07:29 PM
Yo- Harry... Short Wave Sportfishing General 5 December 18th 07 04:12 AM