Default generators

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Tim Tim is offline

Bill

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

It might be, but I don’t think it’ll last as long. But it’s cheap enough. Might want to look on YouTube for peoples hands on reviews of it before you buy one...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

On 1/9/2018 5:47 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

I read the owner's manual for it. It *will* parallel with another like
generator.

It also has the feature that I think is probably the Honda's best
feature ... the economy switch. For light loads you can turn it on
and the generator will become very quiet and fuel efficient.

Looks like a reverse engineered copy of the Honda. I didn't notice but
it must be made in China.

wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Like most things at Harbor Fright this is a chinese knockoff but it
might be all anyone needs if it is just for a rare power failure. I
doubt you would want it if you were a camper or something you wanted
on your boat.

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 19:01:32 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/9/2018 5:47 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

I read the owner's manual for it. It *will* parallel with another like
generator.

It also has the feature that I think is probably the Honda's best
feature ... the economy switch. For light loads you can turn it on
and the generator will become very quiet and fuel efficient.

Looks like a reverse engineered copy of the Honda. I didn't notice but
it must be made in China.

Finally pulled the plug and bought the Eu 2000i at lunchtime. The sales guy had made up the order and assigned it to me when it arrived yeaterday. I had been out there on Friday while stillout of power and with another 20 hrs of same facing me. I would have bought the unit with no questions then if one was available. Anyway, when we got there salesman was looking after another couple. We all ended up discussing the pros and cons of the Eu200i vs a bigger model. Then another guy gets in on the discussion. Back and forth it goes with the guy from the couple waffling as much as me. Crowd starting to gather at the desk looking for parts or whatever. One other person trying to help them. Finally I tell the salesman to cash me in on the 2000. Got up to the desk and started waffling again so I tell him to order me in an EG 2800 and I'd decide between the two. Go back and the couple guy is frantically searching the internet on his phone for advice and calling an engineer friend. I make the mistake of asking the wife what she thinks. She just wants to get out so says buy the 200. I tell the salesman to ring me up..then he has to do the pre-delivery inspection , adding of oil and gas and supposidly running the unit. The poor couple. the other guy and the half dozen people milling around the front counter are starting to give me dirty looks. Anyway, salesman does his thing, tells me the unit is at the door ready to go. Go up and I see the generator but no manual etc. One of the guys milling around points to a package on the counter near the cardboard box. I put the unit in it's box, toss in the manual and wires with clips? into the box and get the hell out.
I won't do that at lunch time again.

wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Like most things at Harbor Fright this is a chinese knockoff but it
might be all anyone needs if it is just for a rare power failure. I
doubt you would want it if you were a camper or something you wanted
on your boat.

I see Yamaha has a neat looking copy of the Honda EU2000i for $50.00 less. Not sure if anyone deals with them around here so I stuck with the Honda.

John H wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll
operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

Says it has a parallel kit.

wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

Like most things at Harbor Fright this is a chinese knockoff but it
might be all anyone needs if it is just for a rare power failure. I
doubt you would want it if you were a camper or something you wanted
on your boat.

I see Yamaha has a neat looking copy of the Honda EU2000i for $50.00
less. Not sure if anyone deals with them around here so I stuck with the Honda.

I have the Yamaha. Works well. Had to clean the carb this year. To
much gelled crud.

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:01:26 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/9/2018 5:47 PM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:33 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Harbor Freight has one they claim as quiet as Honda. $500.
https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...tor-62523.html

I wish they'd had that when I bought my Honda. But I don't think it'll operate in parallel with
another like the Honda will.

I read the owner's manual for it. It *will* parallel with another like
generator.

It also has the feature that I think is probably the Honda's best
feature ... the economy switch. For light loads you can turn it on
and the generator will become very quiet and fuel efficient.

Looks like a reverse engineered copy of the Honda. I didn't notice but
it must be made in China.

I think all of HF's stuff is Chinese. I've had good luck with what tools I've bought from them, but
I'm not a contractor using the stuff continuously.

Towed generators Gordon Cruising 15 January 5th 08 11:18 PM
generators longshot General 12 April 11th 07 04:45 AM
Wind Generators Barry Gordon General 6 October 28th 06 10:40 AM
wind generators Barry Gordon ASA 29 September 25th 06 06:19 PM
Generators - a different angle [email protected] Boat Building 7 March 15th 06 01:35 AM