Default Are things better?

A Pew poll asked 43,000 people in 38 countries whether things are
better now than they were 50 years ago, 37% of Americans said yes.
The top of the box was Vietnam where 88% said things were better now.
My question was what about the 12% of Vietnamese who preferred things
there in 1967. Communism must really suck if that many people would
rather be bombed and shot at every day than be a commie.

On 12/29/2017 10:58 AM, wrote:
A Pew poll asked 43,000 people in 38 countries whether things are
better now than they were 50 years ago, 37% of Americans said yes.
The top of the box was Vietnam where 88% said things were better now.
My question was what about the 12% of Vietnamese who preferred things
there in 1967. Communism must really suck if that many people would
rather be bombed and shot at every day than be a commie.

I know some of my wife's relatives are doing well in Vietnam.
Her sisters and brothers have sent Tens of thousands of dollars over
there to help the relatives. All kinds of excuses why they need the
money, they last, they need to dig up grandfather and move his remains,
the cats and dogs are pooping on his grave. My first thought, they must
not have buried him very deep. I ask my wife about it, she laughed, she
said, he's been dead for 31 years.
The average wage in Vietnam is $2,900 a very high wage is $9,000.
I don't think the relatives here have taken the time to find this out.
They just keep falling for the sob stories.

The surprise to me is the 63% of Americans that think things were
better in 1967. First off 72% of Americans weren't even born yet or were
so young so they really have no clue about living in 1967. So the
thought is just fantasy, fueled by lifestyles they see on most any TV
show, and they aren't able to live.
I've lived on a slightly under middle class most of my life and want
for nothing. Well, I do wish I would have applied myself and studied
math, physics and electronics when I was young, just for the knowledge.

Mikek, Living the American Dream

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 09:32:25 -0600, amdx wrote:

On 12/29/2017 10:58 AM, wrote:
[...]

I might have a used Calculus book I could send you.

On 12/29/2017 10:58 AM, wrote:
[...]

I have plenty of books, problem is I'd rather surf the net or read
newsgroup posts. Thanks for the offer!
Mikek

This would do a LOT to fix things here.... iBoaterer[_2_] General 21 January 22nd 13 01:49 PM
Are things getting better here? Roger Long Cruising 21 September 28th 09 06:42 AM
40 things Sir Rodney Smithers General 6 November 21st 05 05:55 PM
Things that BS know nothing about. John Cairns ASA 10 August 31st 04 08:50 PM