Default A little nippy ...

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

It's a nippy 60 here now. We've been running the fornace for a
week or more.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

justan wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

It's a nippy 60 here now. We've been running the fornace for a
week or more.

I've never turned on the heat in this house. If I did, I'm sure those
heating coils would stink like hell from non use.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:23:58 -0500, Alex wrote:

I've never turned on the heat in this house. If I did, I'm sure those
heating coils would stink like hell from non use.

When my wife was in the building and in the HVAC biz, that was a
regular call. She had people who had their air handler for 3 or 4
years and then had a fire because the tech left the book in there. It
took that long to turn it on. Mine has not been on since I built the
cabinet in the living room with the Dimplex electric fire place. The
1.4KW heater is all she ever needed, then only in the morning before I
get up.

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 20:43:07 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 19:23:58 -0500, Alex wrote:

I've never turned on the heat in this house. If I did, I'm sure those
heating coils would stink like hell from non use.

When my wife was in the building and in the HVAC biz, that was a
regular call. She had people who had their air handler for 3 or 4
years and then had a fire because the tech left the book in there. It
took that long to turn it on. Mine has not been on since I built the
cabinet in the living room with the Dimplex electric fire place. The
1.4KW heater is all she ever needed, then only in the morning before I
get up.

I don't know how that could happen unless the book is placed inside the
air handler by the manufacturer. The installer shouldn't need the book.

That is what happens. The installer is supposed to take the paperwork
out when they put in the toaster wire unit. Sometimes they screw up,
particularly if the AH is in a closet or hanging from unistrut in the
garage and they can't get a good look inside.
Energy codes pretty much made attic installations go away.

CMU walls hold the heat well. We leave a bedroom window open at night
when it's 55-60º for the fresh air.

We always have the windows open if the AC isn't on and we usually have
one of the 24" exhaust fans running on low. If both are on high I
think we turn over the air in the house every few minutes.

On Friday, 29 December 2017 06:16:40 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

I hear you. Minus 13 C this morning but we've also had lots of wind since Christmas Day. Good news is thw wind is low right now.
I wish someone down there would turn the heat back on.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...scotia/halifax

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 5:16:40 AM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

31 F here right now. It's supposed to hit 18 Monday night / Tuesday morning. No precipitation though, just COLD!

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 05:16:35 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

26F here. Wind's down. Time to get the leaves in the street for the next pickup, which is scheduled
for tomorrow. Hope the foot will take the load!

Mr. Luddite wrote:

Rethinking my early morning Dunkin' Donuts run.

4 degrees F. right now with a wind chill of minus 5-10.

Got remote start on that Colorado?